|Industry||Software as a Service|
|Headquarters||Waltham, MA, United States|
|Revenue||EURO 72.8 million (2016)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Bizo (sold to LinkedIn in 2014)|
ZoomInfo is a subscription-based software as a service (SaaS) company based in Waltham, Massachusetts that sells access to its database of information about business people and companies to sales, marketing and recruiting professionals. The company was originally established in 2000 as Eliyon Technologies by founder Yonatan Stern. Its current CEO is Derek Schoettle.
Zoom Information Inc. (ZoomInfo) was founded by Yonatan Stern in 2000 as Eliyon Technologies. In 2017, ZoomInfo was acquired by Great Hill Partners, a Boston-based private equity firm, for $240 million.
Zoominfo is a database marketing company. In Zoominfo's original business model, it sold access to its database of information about business people; its initial customers were human resources professionals, and people interested in targeting ads to business people and tracking their responses. In 2005 it said had information on about 25 million people and 1.5 million companies; by 2007 it said it had information on about 40 million people.
Zoominfo acquired and maintains its database by copying data from the internet using a proprietary web crawler called NextGenSearchBot, analyzing the copied data to extract information, and storing the information in a database.
Private equity acquisition
In August 2017 Great Hill Partners, a private equity firm, acquired ZoomInfo for $240 million in cash.
- "LinkedIn buys B2B marketing startup Bizo for $175M". 22 July 2014.
- "ZoomInfo Welcomes Derek Schoettle as Its CEO". MarTech Advisor. September 18, 2018. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- Bloomberg. ZoomInfo Bloomberg profile Page accessed March 3, 2016
- Sawers, Paul (August 17, 2017). "B2B data platform ZoomInfo was acquired by private equity firm Great Hill Partners for $240 million". VentureBeat. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- Wade Roush (2007-06-02). "ZoomInfo Charts New World of Ads Based on "Business Demographics"". xconomy.com.
- "ZoomInfo -Meta People Search Engine". Search Engine Journal. 2005. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- InternetOfficer.com ZoomInfo information page accessed March 3, 2016
- Jennifer Zaino (Dec 4, 2008). "ZoomInfo Zooms Marketers to Prospects". SemanticWeb.com.
- Dave McClintock for The Entrepreneur. May 23, 2011. When You're Hungry for Sales, Consider These Lead-Gen Tools
- "ZoomInfo - Crunchbase".
- G2 Crowd. ZoomInfo Alternatives and Competitors Page accessed March 3, 2016
- "B2B data platform ZoomInfo was acquired by private equity firm Great Hill Partners for $240 million". VentureBeat. 2017-08-17. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Official website
- O'Brien, Kelly J. (August 17, 2017). How ZoomInfo's CEO sold three companies for $431M over 24 years. Boston Business Journal.
- Schoening, Elise (September 26, 2018). "ZoomInfo Looks To Strengthen Contact Database With Datanyze Acquisition". Demand Gen Report.
- Nicastro, Dom (September 28, 2018). "Salesforce Extends Google Partnership, Adobe Debuts Virtual Analyst, More News". CMSWire.com.
- "ZoomInfo University To Launch at ZoomInfo's Growth Acceleration Summit". Markets - Business Insider.