Zoom H2n Handy Recorder
The Zoom H2n is a portable digital sound recording device manufactured by Zoom. It is the successor of the Zoom H2 recorder. The Zoom H2n has 4 mic capsules (including one bidirectional) built inside it. Musical applications for the H2N include the ability to use the device as a stereo or multi-track (4 channel) recorder; the device also includes built-in editor for some minor editing works with in the device.
It can record in WAV format up to 24-bit/96 kHz and MP3 up to 320kbit/s. It has additional functions like Lo-cut Filter, Compressor/Limiter, Auto Gain, Pre-Rec, Auto-Rec, Tuner, Metronome, Variable Speed Playback built into it.
The device can record in MS (mid-side), XY, MS+XY (2ch) and MS+XY (4ch) modes. If the 2.00 firmware update has been applied, it can also record in the 360-degree ambisonic format, along a horizontal plane. A recent 3.00 firmware update has also added support for 4ch input multitrack mode when connected as a USB audio interface, and the function that accepts input in spatial audio format when used in multitrack mode. The device can record in Directional (XY, MS mid mics) and Bidirectional (MS side mic) modes.
- Zoom. "Zoom H2n Portable audio Recorder". Zoom Corporation. Retrieved 26 Jun 2015.
- "Zoom H2n Handy Recorder". amazon.com. Retrieved 26 Jun 2015.
- "H2n". Zoom North America. Retrieved 26 Jun 2015.
- Tom Flint (March 2012). "Zoom H2N". soundonsound.com. Retrieved 26 Jun 2015.
- "Zoom H2n now works as a SPATIAL AUDIO supported USB microphone". Zoom Corporation. Retrieved 27 Sep 2018.