|Founder||Rafał Tomasiak, Marcin Olchanowski|
|Rafał Tomasiak (CEO), Marcin Olchanowski (CTO), Karolina Bołądź (COO)|
|Products||Zortrax M200 Plus, Zortrax Inventure, Zortrax M300, Zortrax M200, Z-SUITE software|
Zortrax is a Polish manufacturer of 3D printers and filaments for SMB market and rapid prototyping for industries, including robotics and automation, architecture, industrial design, engineering, aviation, industrial automation. Zortrax machines work with dedicated software, firmware and filaments.
Zortrax was founded by Rafal Tomasiak and Marcin Olchanowski. An idea for company came from online store supporting DIY licensed 3D printers. They run the shop and worked on the new machine simultaneously. The idea was to create a complete 3D printing environment, which would allow to distance themselves from the DIY industry.
Work on M200 started in 2011 and completed in 2013. To support production, they launched Kickstarter campaign and gathered almost $180 000. Zortrax shipped 3D printers to all backers and invested money in further development. Bonds issued in January and March 2014 brought 7.2M PLN. On December 3, 2015 Zortrax opened its showroom in Warsaw, Poland – the Zortrax Store. The main idea for the showroom is to broaden the knowledge of 3D printing among both professional and students. It’s one of the first mono-brand stationary stores in Europe.
In 2016, the company launched Zortrax M300. Later, Zortrax M300 Plus was launched, with a build volume of 300x300x300 mm, it has a heavy-duty steel frame surrounding the printing area, which is entirely enclosed with plastic sides, steel back and a hinged slightly translucent black door.
Zortrax manufactures Layer Plastic Deposition (LPD) technology. The technology is using three-dimensional data to create three-dimensional model in layer after layer process.
Layer Plastic Deposition is a technology in which printer is melting thermoplastic material (filament) in the extruder and apply it precisely on heated platform layer after layer. Zortrax M200 dedicated printing materials are: Z-ABS, Z-ULTRAT, Z-GLASS, Z-HIPS, Z-PCABS, Z-PETG, Z-ESD, Z-ASA Pro, Z-PLA Pro, Z-SEMIFLEX (for Zortrax M200 Plus), Zortrax M300: Z-HIPS, Z-PETG, Z-GLASS, Z-ESD, Z-ASA Pro, Z-PLA Pro and for Zortrax Inventure: Z-SEMIFLEX, Z-ULTRAT Plus, Z-PLA, Z-PETG, Z-SUPPORT, Z-SUPPORT Plus.
Zortrax Z-SUITE software is created specifically for Zortrax machines. Z-SUITE allows to open a .stl, .obj or .dxf file and set printing preferences. It is the only 3D printing software in which users are able to convert 2D files into 3D models and cut models directly in Z-SUITE software. It is dedicated for both Windows and Mac users. Zortrax developed an application for storing and downloading 3D models - the Zortrax Library. It is available in both Z-SUITE and online.
Prizes and awards
- 2014 50 Creative in Business for Brief Magazine
- 2014 The Jan Wejchert Prize of the Polish Business Roundtable in Vision and Innovation Category
- 2014 Design Alive Award for Best Strategists
- 2014 25 Polish Best Industrial Designs
- 2014 Best 3D Printer in the Plug’n’Play Category, 3D Hubs
- 2015 Top Design Award in Science-Medicine-Industry Category
- 2015 3rd Most Wanted 3D Printer in 3D Hubs Community
- 2015 Zortrax M200 - the Best Plug&Play 3D Printer in 2015&2016, the World's Best Desktop 3D Printer by 3D Hubs Community
- 2015 Zortrax M200 - 2nd Best Overall FDM 3D Printer, 3D Printing Shootout by Make Magazine
- "Plug & Print Zortrax M200 3D printer launched on Kickstarter". 3Ders.org. 23 May 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Zortrax M200 - professional desktop 3D printer". Kickstarter.com. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Zortrax 3D Printer Finally Shipping After Successful Kickstarter Campaign". Softpedia.com. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Polish 3D printer maker Zortrax hungry for fresh funds". Reuters. 24 March 2014. Archived from the original on 2016-03-12. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- "Zortrax, The Polish 3D Printing Company, Looking To Go Public As It Raises $3.5 Million In Public Bonds". techcrunch.com. 18 March 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "About Zortrax". zortrax.com. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- "REVIEW: The Zortrax M300 Plus, a well designed machine for large volume desktop 3D printing". 3dprintingindustry.com. May 9, 2019.
- "Zortrax M300 and M300 Plus: Industrial-class 3D printers ideal for specialty applications". zdnet.com. January 4, 2019. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- "Zortrax launches a new high-speed, high-resolution printer, the Inkspire". TechCrunch. September 17, 2018. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- "Zortrax Develops Groundbreaking 3D Printing Technology with Support of the European Space Agency". manufacturingtomorrow.com. October 14, 2020.
- "Zortrax & the European Space Agency enable composite 3D printed parts using two blends of PEEK". tctmagazine.com. October 14, 2020. Retrieved 2020-11-18.
- "Z-Suite BETA V0.0.8 for Windows and Mac Available". zortrax.com/blog. 24 July 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Zortrax M-200 Review". all3dp.com. 20 February 2015. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "50 Creative in Business for Brief Magazine". brief.pl. 1 March 2013. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "The Jan Wejchert Prize of the Polish Business Roundtable in Vision and Innovation Category". businessnow.pl. 8 April 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-09-09. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- "Design Alive Award for Best Strategists". designalive.pl. 4 December 2014. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Zortrax Cracks Top 25 Polish Best Industrial Designs". 3dprintingindustry.com. 9 October 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-10-19. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Best 3D Printer in the Plug'n'Play Category". 3dhubs.com. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Top Design Award in Science-Medicine - Industry Category". arenadesign.pl. 15 January 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Zortrax M200 Voted #3 Most Wanted 3D Printer". 3dhubs.com, zortrax.com. 19 January 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Best 3D Printers in 2017". All3DP.
- "The Winners from Make:'s Digital Fabrication Shootout | Make:". Make: DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers. 2015-11-04. Retrieved 2016-04-26.