|Type||PLC Public limited company|
|Industry||Technical foam manufacture|
|Predecessors||Onazote Ltd, Expanded Rubber Company Ltd, Bakelite Xylonite Ltd, BP Chemicals|
|UK, USA, Japan, Europe, Asia (principal market)|
|Steve Good, Chairman; David Stirling, Group CEO; Gary McGrath, Finance Director|
|Products||Polyolefin foams, PVDF foams, nylon foams, TPE foams|
|Revenue||£80.86 million (2019)|
|Owner||Shareholders: BlackRock Inc. 14.8%, Schroders plc 13.0%, Sekisui Alveo AG 8.7%, Miton Group plc 5.5%|
Number of employees
|A global work force of around 300 as of June 2016|
|Divisions||Zotefoams International Ltd; Zotefoams Inc|
Zotefoams Plc manufactures a range of closed-cell crosslinked polyolefin foams for global use in sports, construction, marine, automation, medical equipment and aerospace. The headquarters are in Croydon, London, with a US subsidiary in Kentucky. Steve Good is the current chairman, David Stirling is managing director, and Gary McGrath is finance director.
The company makes the majority of its sales from exports overseas with a number of registered trademarks.
A fire in early 2001 at the factory damaged 70% of Zotefoams' stock and disrupted some deliveries to customers. At this time, the company also exited the toy market. The same year, Zotefoams entered a worldwide sales and marketing alliance for polyolefin foams with the Sekisui Chemical Company Ltd ('Sekisui'), which acts as agent and distributor for Zotefoams in continental Europe, Asia and some customers in North America.
Interim results show:
- Sales: £26.63m
- Profit before tax: £3.19m
- Interim dividend of 1.8p share
These compare with 2013 interim figures (from their 2013 Interim report) of:
- Sales: £47.19m
- Profit before tax: £5.93m
- Gearing under 2%
- Final dividend of 5p share
- "Inverstor relations, Board of Directors". ZoteFoams. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- "Cellular materials for global markets Zotefoams plc Annual Report 2014" (PDF). Zotefoams. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- Thinkkentucky.com Summer99 newsletter
- "Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30 June 2015" (PDF). Zotefoams. Retrieved 25 August 2015.