|• Mayor||Alexander Strack|
|• Total||3.18 km2 (1.23 sq mi)|
|Elevation||105 m (344 ft)|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Culture and sightseeing
On Kreuznacher Straße is found a cinder team handball court and a clubhouse. HSG Zotzenheim/St. Johann/Sprendlingen is a successful team handball club that grew out of TV Zotzenheim 1901 (gymnastic club) and has already played several times in the third handball league.
- On 1 May near the Napoleonshöhe mountain, or Gipfel des Horns, or in the local speech also “Hörnchen” (“Little Horn”), the so-called Fire Brigade Festival (Feuerwehrfest) takes place.
- In May on the weekend at Ascension Day, a folk festival for the region and beyond is held. In 2006, among others, the bands Paddy Goes To Holyhead, Dhalia's Lane, Galahad and WirrWarr appeared.
- On the second weekend in July, a fair is held in Zotzenheim with a wine tent, a few stands and a handball tournament.
- Zotzenheim is especially well known for the ZDF (Zotzenheimer Dorf-Fassenacht – the Carnival). Each year there are four “sessions” at the village community centre.
Economy and infrastructure
Zotzenheim is home to five major wineries:
- Weingut Werner Pitthan
- Weingut Philipp Schnell
- Weingut Siebenhof
- Weingut Scheffer
- Weingut Saulheimer
There are also several smaller wineries and those who do it as a hobby.
In the industrial park outside Zotzenheim on the street Am neuen Graben, several small businesses have set up shop, among them the Sand Barth shipping company.
- "Bevölkerungsstand 2017 - Gemeindeebene". Statistisches Landesamt Rheinland-Pfalz (in German). 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zotzenheim.|
|This Mainz-Bingen location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|