5 October 1958|
Golden Arena for Best Director|
1995 Washed Out
1999 Red Dust
2016 On the Other Side
Zrinko Ogresta (born 5 October 1958 in Virovitica) is a Croatian screenwriter and film director, professor of film directing at the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Zagreb and a member of the European Film Academy in Berlin. Praised for their strong visual style, well articulated mise-en-scène and innovative storytelling, his films focus on the anxieties that lurk behind the well cultivated burgeois facade of the characters, using their emotional and psychological fractures to bring to light the complexes that haunt the society in general, while subtly analysing social and political forces behind it.
Ogresta's films were screened and awarded at renowned international and local festivals (Berlin, Venice, Karlovy Vary, London, Montpellier, Denver, Milan, Pula…). Some of the most notable prizes are the nomination for European Film Award in the category of best young director for the film Fragments, Prix Italia for the film Washed Out, the Special Jury Prize at the Karlovy Vary festival for the film Here and a Special Mention at the Berlinale for the film On the other side.
- Fragments: Chronicle of a Vanishing (Krhotine - Kronika jednog nestajanja) (1991) - writer and director
- Washed Out (Isprani) (1995) - writer and director
- Red Dust (Crvena prašina) (1999) - director
- Here (Tu) (2003) - writer and director
- Behind the Glass (Iza stakla) (2008) - co-writer and director
- Projections (Projekcije) (2013)
- On the Other Side (2016)
|This article about a Croatian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|