|Industry||Network security, computer security, Internet security|
|Headquarters||San Jose, California, |
|Revenue||US$673 million (2020)|
Number of employees
Zscaler (//(US English)) is a cloud security company, headquartered in San Jose, California. The company's cloud-native technology platform, the Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange, is designed to help enterprise customers secure their employees, applications, and data as infrastructure and applications move to the cloud and as employees connect to work remotely, off the traditional corporate network.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 by Jay Chaudhry and K. Kailash and announced the general availability of its cloud security service in August 2008. It was named one of 10 startups to watch in 2009 by Network World. In January 2010, Zscaler was positioned as a “Visionary” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateways. The following year, Zscaler was positioned as a “Leader” and has maintained its position in the Leaders Quadrant for Secure Web Gateways every subsequent year. In 2020, Zscaler was the only company in the Gartner MQ Leaders Quadrant for Secure Web Gateway.
In August 2012, Zscaler secured $38 million in funding from strategic investors, including Lightspeed Ventures. In August 2015, the company announced the closing of a new round of financing, led by TPG, of $100 million. In March 2018, the company had an initial public offering in which it raised $192 million. The company is traded on the Nasdaq using the symbol ZS. Zscaler stock (ZS) was added to the Nasdaq 100 on December 17, 2021.
As of July 2021 Zscaler has over 275 issued and pending patents.
In 2014, Zscaler achieved ISO 27001 certification. ISO 27001 is a globally recognized standard for the establishment and certification of an information security management system. Since that initial certification, Zscaler has achieved a number of additional certifications, including ISO 27701, ISO 27018, ISO 27017, SOC 2 Type II, and SOC 3. Various Zscaler products also meet the stringent standards of many government regulations, including FedRAMP-JAB High and IL5 Authority to Operate, Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS 140-2), Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR),and StateRAMP certifications, Australia's IRAP Protected status and the UK's National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) Cyber Security Essentials certification.
|TrustPath||August 2018||Artificial intelligence and machine learning technology for cybersecurity|
|Appsulate||May 2019||Cloud browser isolation technology|
|Cloudneeti||April 2020||Cloud security posture management (CSPM) technology|
|Edgewise Networks||May 2020||Zero trust communications for applications, services, and workloads|
|Trustdome||April 2021||Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management (CIEM) technology|
|Smokescreen||June 2021||Active defense technology for cyberthreat prevention|
Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange
The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the platform that powers all Zscaler services to securely connect users, devices, and applications over any network. The platform is based on a proxy architecture, leveraging the zero trust principle of least-privileged access to secure internet, SaaS, and private application access. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange also protects applications and workloads.
Zscaler Internet Access (ZIA)
Zscaler Internet Access (ZIA) is a secure internet and web gateway delivered as a service from the cloud. ZIA includes multiple security engines, such as cloud firewall, intrusion prevention system (IPS), data loss prevention (DLP), bandwidth control, browser isolation, cloud access security broker (CASB), and sandbox. By detaching security and access controls from the network and delivering them from the cloud, ZIA can provide identical security and policy enforcement no matter where connections occur, in the headquarters, a branch office, or remote locations.
Zscaler Private Access
Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) provides zero trust access to private applications running in public clouds or within the data center. ZPA shields applications from the internet, making them invisible to unauthorized users. Users are never placed on the network. ZPA ensures that only authorized users have access to specific private applications without providing access to the network. ZPA creates secure segments of one between an authenticated user and a named application, brokering the connection in the Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange.
Zscaler Cloud Protection
Zscaler Cloud Protection (ZCP) is a service that automatically remediates security gaps, minimizes the attack surface, and eliminates lateral threat movement. ZCP helps organizations secure workload configurations and permissions, secure user access to cloud apps, and secure app-to-app communications.
Zscaler Digital Experience (ZDX)
Zscaler Digital Experience (ZDX) provides end-to-end visibility, from the user to the application, and quickly isolates issues that can impact performance, whether it is on the user's device (endpoint), the local network, the internet (ISP), or the application itself in the cloud or data center.
- 2017 Morgan Stanley CTO Award for Innovation 
- 2019 Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year 
- Microsoft Security 20/20 - ISV Partner of the Year 
- 2020 Cybersecurity Impact Awards Honoree 
- 2020 InfoSec Publisher's Choice Award
- 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Secure Web Gateways (Leader)
- 2021, 2022 a Glassdoor Best Place to Work
- 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Service Edge (Leader)
- "ZScaler Hires CFO with IPO Experience". Wall Street Journal. 10 February 2017. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Zscaler Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2021 Financial Results". 9 September 2021.
- Brodkin, Jon. "10 start-ups to watch in '09". Network World. Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- Messmer, Ellen (2012-08-30). "Cloud security company Zscaler attracts $38 million in funding". Network World. Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- "Home". Lightspeed Venture Partners. Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- Nolter, Chris. "TPG Joins EMC in $100 Million Financing of Cybersecurity Firm Zscaler". TheStreet. Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- "Patent Database Search Results: Zscaler in US Patent Collection". patft.uspto.gov. Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- Relations, Highwire Public (2017-06-07). "Morgan Stanley Awards Zscaler Prestigious CTO Award for Innovation". GlobeNewswire News Room. Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- "Zscaler - Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year | Stevie Awards". stevieawards.com. Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- Anaya, Jeff (Feb 25, 2020). "Zscaler Recognized as ISV Partner of the Year at Microsoft Security 20/20 Partner Awards Ceremony".
- "Cybersecurity Impact Award Honoree 2020: Zscaler | Blog". Zscaler. Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- "InfoSec Awards For 2020 – Winners | Cyber Defense Awards". Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- "Gartner Magic Quadrant - Secure Web Gateways (SWG) 2020". Zscaler. Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- "Zscaler Named a Glassdoor Best Place to Work for Second Year". Zscaler. Retrieved 2022-01-31.
- "Gartner Magic Quadrant - Security Service Edge (SSE) 2022". Zscaler. Retrieved 2022-02-19.
- Business data for Zscaler:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zscaler.|