Zubair Ali Zai
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Zubair Ali Zai|
|Born||Muhammad Zubair bin Mujaddad Khan
25 June 1957
|Died||10. November 2013(aged 56)|
|Other names||Abu Tahir|
|Notable work(s)||(Tahqeeq, Takhreej) - Hadith Editing and Referencing of Sahih Muslim, At-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, An-Nasai and Ibn Majah -Printed by Darussalam|
Zubair was born in 1957 in the village of Peerdad, near Hazro in the Attock District of Punjab. His father having served two jail sentences for his membership in the Jamaat-e-Islami Islamist political party, Alizai became familiar with corruption and civil strife early on.[unreliable source?]
Zubair married in 1982 and had three sons and four daughters. He was a polyglot; in addition to his native language of Hindko language and the Arabic language from his graduate study, Alizai was also fluent in English, Urdu, Pashto and Greek, and can read and understand Persian.[unreliable source?]
Zubair completed a bachelor's degree and later on two master's degrees, one in Islamic studies in 1983 and another in the Arabic language in 1994 from the University of the Punjab in Lahore. Additionally, Alizai graduated for a fourth time from the Salafi University in Faisalabad.[unreliable source?]
Editing and publishing
|This section does not cite any sources. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Much of Zubair's work consists of editing and referencing ancient texts of prophetic tradition and evaluating them according to the Categories of Hadith. Working with Dar us Salam, Ali zai has reviewed the Al-Kutub al-Sittah, considered canonical in Sunni Islam. Besides, he has also authored many of his own books both in Urdu and Arabic
- Sahih Muslim of Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj. Riyadh: Dar us Salam Publications, 2007. 1st Ed. 7 volumes.
- Jami' at-Tirmidhi of Muhammad ibn 'Isa at-Tirmidhi. Riyadh: Dar us Salam Publications, 2007. 6 volumes.
- Al-Sunan al-Sughra of Al-Nasa'i. Riyadh: Dar us Salam Publications, 2008. 6 volumes.
- Sunan Abu Dawood of Abu Dawood. Riyadh: Dar us Salam Publications, 2008. 1st Ed. 5 volumes. Translated by Yasir Qadhi. ISBN 978-9960-500-11-9
- Sunan ibn Majah of Ibn Majah. Riyadh: Dar us Salam Publications, 2007. 1st Ed. 5 volumes. ISBN 9960-9881-3-9
- Dr. Khaalid Zafarullah, "The Biography and Works of Scholar of Ilm-ar-Rijal Shaykh Zubayr Alee Za'ee (hafidhahullah)." Ed. Raza Hassan.