- a unit for electrical and thermal energy generation, with four diesel generators (made up of two couples)
- a co-generation system for the exploitation of the thermal energy produced by the power generators
- a drinkable water production machine by desalting sea water
- a burner and a waste water cleaner
- a nitrogen and a helium liquefiers
offshore marine biology, terrestrial biology, oceanography, geomagnetic observations, geodesy, onshore geology, glaciology, meteorological observations, ionospheric/auroral observations, cosmic ray observations, seismology and environmental monitoring.