||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
1971 (age 44–45)
In 1999, Murad made his first appearance on the catwalks of Rome with an acclaimed collection that led to his participation in the Italian calendar. In 1995, Murad opened his third head shop in Beirut. His extensive lines encompass haute couture, ready-to-wear, accessories and eyewear. Plans to expand the fashion line are underway to include beauty products, perfumes, swimwear and lingerie, as well as furnishings. Two boutiques (including showrooms) have been opened; the first in Beirut on Charles Helou Avenue and the second on rue Francois I in Paris. He also has a showroom in Milan on the Via Borgogna.
Marion Cotillard, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Ivana Trump, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Beyoncé Knowles, Jennifer Lopez, Kellie Pickler, Najwa Karam, Shakira, Katy Perry, Christina Applegate, Vanessa Williams, Ana Ortiz, and many more have been seen wearing his dresses. He has also dressed the likes of Najwa Karam in her video clips "Lashhad Hobbak" and "MaFi Noum". Priyanka Chopra wore a white embellished strapless gown by Zuhair Murad at her maiden Oscars in 2016. Miley Cyrus was seen wearing one of his creations at the Academy Awards, and Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez wore his creations at the 2011 Golden Globe Awards. He also designed Miss France Chloé Mortaud's dress for Miss Universe 2009 and 5 dresses for the final of Miss France 2010. Florence Welch was seen wearing one of his creations during the Brits awards; a silver silk dress with gold and silver beaded designs.
Nina Dobrev, Christina Aguilera, Wanda Sykes and singer Jewel were seen wearing Zuhair Murad dresses at the 2010 Emmy Awards. Kerry Washington wore one of his gowns at the 2011 Emmy Awards. Cheryl Cole wore one of his designs on The X Factor. Fergie has аlso worn his designs. Princess al-Taweel of Saudi Arabia wore his creation when she attended the wedding of Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
Blake Lively was also wearing a Zuhair Murad dress from his Spring 2012 Couture collection at the worldwide premier of her movie "SAVAGES" at Westwood Village. She had also previously been seen in a Zuhair Murad dress in a Season 4 episode of Gossip Girl entitled 'Juliet doesn't live here anymore.' Kristen Stewart wore a Zuhair Murad dress at the 2012 Toronto Film Festival for a screening of her 2012 film, On the Road, and also at the premiere in Los Angeles of her film, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2.
- "Zuhair Murad - Fashion Designer | Designers | The FMD". Fashionmodeldirectory.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- Amy Odell. "Q&A: Zuhair Murad on Dressing Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Lopez, Opening a New York Store, and More - The Cut". Nymag.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- Alicia Dennis. "Taylor Swift Sparkles in Zuhair Murad at the Vanity Fair Oscars Party - Oscar Gowns 2011 - Livingly". Stylebistro.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Grammy Awards 2009 - Red Carpet : People.com". Peoplestylewatch.com. 2009-01-24. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 29, 2010. Retrieved October 27, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 24, 2011. Retrieved October 8, 2008.
- "| Los Angeles Daily News blogs". Insidesocal.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 4, 2010. Retrieved September 1, 2010.
- "RED CARPET RIDE - TV STARS SAW SCARLET AT LAST NIGHT'S EMMYS" (fee, via Fairfax County Public Library). New York Post. New York, NY: Gale Biography In Context. 19 September 2011. p. 33. Gale Document Number: GALE|A267355686. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- "THE DRESS FACTOR: HOW DANNII TRUMPED CHERYL" (fee, via Fairfax County Public Library). Daily Mail. London, England: Gale Biography In Context. 7 December 2010. p. 20. GALE|A243692461. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 13, 2014. Retrieved November 5, 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 2, 2015. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- "Photographic image" (JPG). Mtv.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "2012 Toronto Film Festival - Premieres". Movies.yahoo.com. 2012-09-14. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- Sankoh, Sai. "Kristen Stewart Wearing Zuhair Murad At The 'Twilight' Breaking Dawn Part 2 Premiere". Becauseiamfabulous.com. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Marion Cotillard in Zuhair Murad Couture - Critics' Choice Awards 2013". InStyle. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-09.