|Traded as||TYO: 6947|
|Makoto Kaneko (CEO)|
Jinya Katsube (COO)
|Products||Electronic Design Automation and CAE|
Product Lifecycle Management
Engineering Consulting Services
Number of employees
Zuken Inc. (株式会社図研 Kabushiki-gaisha Zuken) is a Japanese multinational corporation, specializing in software and consulting services for end-to-end electrical and electronic engineering. Zuken came into existence as a pioneer in the development of CAD systems in Japan to contribute to electronics manufacturing. The literal translation of Zuken is "graphics laboratory." Established in 1976 in Yokohama, Japan, it is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange; net sales amounted to USD216 million for the year 2011.
Zuken's software is primarily used for designing printed circuit boards (PCBs), Multi-Chip Modules, and for the engineering of electrotechnical, wiring, wiring harness, pneumatics and hydraulics applications. Furthermore, Zuken offers software for electrical and electronic engineering data management (e-PLM). The company's key markets are the electronics industry – which includes digital home electrical appliances; mobile communications devices; transportation equipment, such as automobiles, special vehicles and railroads; industrial equipment, such as medical equipment and devices; and construction machinery. Zuken also has a strong presence in the aviation and space industries. Zuken is one of three major EDA companies which specialize in PCB design software, the other two being Cadence Design Systems and Mentor Graphics.
- 1976 Zuken Inc. Established.
- 1978 Released "CREATE-2000" (CR-2000) for PC (HP-1000 Platform).
- 1983 Zuken America Inc. (Now: Zuken U.S. Inc.) established.
- 1985 Released Logic Design Workstation for UNIX Platform.
- 1988 Released CAD/CAM for PCB "CR-3000" for UNIX Platform.
- 1991 Listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange Level-2.
- 1992 Zuken Europe GmbH. (Germany) Established.
- 1992 Zuken Korea Inc. (Seoul) Established.
- 1992 Zuken Singapore Pte. Ltd. Established.
- 1993 Zuken Inc. China (Beijing) Established.
- 1994 Acquired Racal-Redac Ltd.
- 1994 Listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange Level-1
- 1994 Released CAD/CAM for PCB "CR-5000" for UNIX & PC Platform.
- 1994 Released Data Management System "PDM-5000".
- 1996 Realvision Inc. Established.
- 2000 Acquired Incases Engineering GmbH (Germany).
- 2000 Zuken Tecnomatix Inc. established.
- 2001 Zuken NetWave Inc. established.
- 2002 Zuken Shanghai Technical Center Co. Ltd. established.
- 2005 Zuken Taiwan Inc. established.
- 2006 Acquired CIM-Team GmbH (Germany), which will develops "E³.series".
- Visula - a historically important EDA tool by Redac of Racal-Redac Ltd. taken over by Zuken
- CR-8000 - 2D and 3D, multi-board system design
- CR-5000 - Zuken's enterprise-wide PCB design software platform for both analogue and digital PCB design. CR-5000 includes modules such as System Designer, Board Designer, Lightning, Package Predictor/Synthesizer. The program runs on both UNIX and Windows.
- Design Gateway - Circuit design creation software. It is positioned within Zuken’s CR-5000 enterprise-wide software for electronics systems design and is at the core of its constraints driven design and verification process.[clarification needed]
- E³.series - This is the most recent addition to the Zuken family of products. It is a Windows-based electrical design software for wiring, harnesses, cable, fluid, hydraulics, and panel design.
- Cabling Designer - This is a design tool that integrates with Catia for wire harness design. Modules include Cabling Designer, Harness Designer, Topology Designer, Simulation and Verifications.
- CADSTAR - A desktop software for producing schematic and PCB designs.
- DS-2 - Zuken's Electronic Product Lifecycle Management tool.
- Zuken Inc (6947.T) Quote| Reuters.com
- Zuken - Company Profile | Supplier Information
- Mentor seeks routing tool biz of Zuken-Redac
- More PCB-tool consolidation: Zuken buys INCASES
- Zuken Start Sale of the "E3.series" Cabling Design Tool
- Pfeil, Charles (2017-11-02). "A lifetime designing PCBs: From design to software". EDN Network. Archived from the original on 2018-10-20. Retrieved 2018-10-20.