|Deputy Prime Minister of Azerbaijan|
1989 – November 20, 1991
Bol’shaya Mazra, Armenia
|Died||1991 (aged 56)|
Karakend, Khojavend, Azerbaijan
|Branch/service||Cabinet of Azerbaijan|
National Assembly of Azerbaijan
Zulfi Hajiyev Saleh oglu (Azerbaijani: Zülfü Hacıyev Saleh oğlu; 1935 – 1991) was Member of Azerbaijani Parliament and Deputy Prime Minister of Azerbaijan until his death on November 20, 1991.
Hajiyev was born in Bol’shaya Mazra village of Armenia in 1935. Until 1989, he has worked as the Chairman Executive Committee of Sumgayit, Chairman of Sumgayit Party Committee, Chairman of Cabinet of Ministers of Nakhchivan ASSR. In 1976, he was elected a deputy to the Supreme Soviet of Azerbaijan SSR, to remain a member of parliament until his death. In 1989, Hajiyev was appointed Deputy Prime Minister of Azerbaijan. During his term in office, he was also given responsibilities to preside over matters of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Hajiyev was killed in a helicopter which was accidentally shot down by Armenian forces on November 20, 1991 near the Karakend village of Khojavend district in Nagorno-Karabakh, Azerbaijan along with other high-ranking officials from Azerbaijan, Russia and Kazakhstan. There were no survivors of the crash. Hajiyev was buried at the Honorary Cemetery in Baku.
For his work and contributions, Hajiyev had been awarded with Order of the Red Banner of Labour, Order of Friendship of Peoples, Order of the Badge of Honour. He was also given a title of Merited Engineer of Republic of Azerbaijan. One of the main streets, a company he had worked for in the past and one of fifteen schools he had built in Sumgayit, and an Azerbaijani oil exploration ship were given his name.
- "Today is the anniversary of one of the most tragic events of independence history of Azerbaijan". Azeri Press Agency. 2010-11-20. Retrieved 2011-10-05.
- "DİN-in tarixi" [History of the MIA]. Retrieved 2011-10-05.
- Qadir Aslan (2009-06-02). "Göyçə şəhidləri. Hacıyev Zülfü" [Goycha martyrs. Hajiyev Zulfi]. Olaylar.
- Roman Glebov (1991-11-25). "Республики. В Азербайджане сбит вертолет с VIP на борту" [Republics. A helicopter with VIP on board has been shot down in Azerbaijan.]. Kommersant. Retrieved 2011-10-05.
- "Military chopper with Azeri elite shot down by Armenian terrorists...19 years later". Today.az. 2010-11-20. Retrieved 2011-10-05.
- "BURIED IN THE HONORARY CEMETERY". Retrieved 2011-10-05.
- "Xəzər Dəniz Neft Donanması "Zülfü Hacıyev" gəmisinin təmirinə tender elan edib" [Caspian Sea Oil Fleet started a tender for renovation of Zulfi Hajiyev ship]. Trend News Agency. 2008-04-08. Retrieved 2011-10-05.
|This article about an Azerbaijani politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Azeri biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|