|Home Minister of Sindh|
|In Minister Role
2009 – June 2011
12 January 1954 |
Sire Ghat, Hyderabad, Pakistan
|Political party||Pakistan Peoples Party|
|Relations||Qazi Abdul Majeed Abid (uncle and father-in-law)
Qazi Abdul Qayyum (grandfather)
|Children||Hasnain Mirza (son)|
|Parents||Zafar Hussain Mirza (father)|
|Residence||Khayaban-e-Mujahid, Phase-V, D.H.A, Karachi|
|Alma mater||Liaquat Medical College,
Zulfiqar Mirza is a Pakistani politician who is affiliated with the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP). He is from Badin District, Sindh, Pakistan. He acquired his secondary education at Cadet College Petaro in the late 1960s, and graduated from Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences at Jamshoro. He is married to Fahmida Mirza who was elected as the first female Speaker of the National Assembly of Pakistan on March 19, 2008. She is also the first female parliamentary speaker in the Muslim world. Zulfiqar Mirza was the Home Minister of Sindh till June 2011.
He was assigned the portfolio of Jails and prisons, as well as the portfolio of Senior Minister for Works, Services and Forest in the Sindh cabinet. He remained amember of the Provincial Assembly of Sindh, and a member of the PPP Central Executive Committee, and Vice President of PPP (Sindh) till 28, August 2011.
Allegations against MQM
In November 2011, Mirza left for London carrying documents he claimed contained evidence against Altaf Hussain and the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) with regards the murder of Imran Farooq. Mirza presented the evidence to the Scotland Yard on 17 November 2011.
Fight against corruption
Zulfiqar Mirza has said that the political gathering of the Imran Khan led Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf was an indicator of change in Pakistan and thousands of PPP workers, loyal to Benazir Bhutto and Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, along with Shah Mehmood Qureshi would come out on the streets for a change too. Mirza said that he was still a PPP worker and vowed to fight against corrupt ministers and cliques in the party.
- Woman elected Pakistani speaker BBC News, March 19, 2008
- MIRZA SUGAR MILLS LTD (MZSM:Karachi), Board of directors Bloomburg Business Week, July 18, 2011
- Mirza, Hasnain. "Zulfiqar Mirza gets interim bail till May 30 - Samaa TV".
- "Zulfiqar Mirza to provide evidence against Altaf Hussain in House of Lords". tribune.com.pk. 2012. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- "Mirza holds meeting with Scotland Yard". dailytimes.com.pk. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 18, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2012.