|Industry||Food & Beverage|
Number of locations
|London, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Dubai, Miami, Abu Dhabi, New York, Las Vegas|
|Services||Japanese Izakaya-style dining|
Becker developed the Zuma concept while working in Tokyo, where he spent six years learning the intricacies of both Japanese food and culture. In 2002, together with Arjun Waney and Divia Lavani, Becker launched Zuma's first location in the Knightsbridge area of London. Its success led to the opening of Zuma restaurants in Hong Kong in 2007, Istanbul in 2008, Dubai in 2009, and Miami in 2010.
Zuma London has an open-floor plan designed & styled by Takashi Sugimoto.
Come 2010, Zuma saw even more success as it reached the United States, opening in Miami first, and now in New York 4 years later, with additional U.S. expansion planned.
In March 2016 Zuma will open his tenth restaurant in Rome, at the forth and fifth floor of Palazzo Fendi 
- "ZUMA, London’s award winning restaurant to open its first US location in Epic Hotel, Downtown Miami" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- Template:Cite Laith Al Khatib news
- "Waney plans Provencal restaurant for London". Caterer & Hotelkeeper. 21 October 2004. Retrieved 2004-10-24.
- "Divia's dream : Divia Lalvani opens Zuma in London, England with Rainer Becker". Town & Country. 1 November 2002. Retrieved 2002-11-02.
- "London's Award Winning Restaurant, ZUMA, Opens Its First U.S. Location in Downtown Miami". Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Becker and Robuchon to open in Hong Kong.". Caterer & Hotelkeeper. 30 March 2006. Retrieved 2006-03-30.
- "Award Winning Restaurant "Zuma" Opens at Radisson SAS bosphorus Hotel, Istanbul". Retrieved 2008-02-05.[dead link]