|Headquarters||San Clemente, California, United States|
|Scott McKiernan, Founder and CEO|
|Products||Wire service, Photography|
ZUMA Press is one of the world's largest independent press agencies and wire services. It was founded in 1993 by photojournalist Scott McKiernan, with a global staff of over 50, covering over 100 news, sports, and entertainment events worldwide.
ZUMA Press's regular clients include AOL, Time, Newsweek, Sports Illustrated, Paris Match, Stern and People magazines, and the New York Post newspaper. The agency represents more than 2,100 photographers as well as a collection of over 100 newspaper archives worldwide including those of Daily Mail, El Universal, The Daily Telegraph (London), Toronto Star, Los Angeles Daily News, San Antonio Express-News, Sacramento Bee, St. Petersburg Times, and Palm Beach Post. The company also represents picture agencies Action Images, DPA, EFE, EPA, and Gamma, culminating in the addition of over 9,000 new pictures a day to a library exceeding 20 million images.
The company, its photographers and its DOUBLEtruck magazine have received awards including those from Pictures of the Year International, World Press Photo, the National Press Photographers Association, and the Pulitzer Prize
- "ZUMA Press". www.zumapress.com.
- "Winners List - Sixty-Fifth Pictures of the Year International Competition". Pictures of the Year International.
- "Winners List - Sixty-Sixth Pictures of the Year International Competition". Pictures of the Year International.
- "Winners of the Sixty-Fourth Annual: Pictures of the Year International Competition: Judged February 18 through March 8, 2007". Pictures of the Year International.
- "Winners of the Sixty-Third Annual: Pictures of the Year International Competition: Judged February 19 through March 8, 2006 n". Pictures of the Year International.
- "World Press Photo". World Press Photo.