Zumbi dos Palmares International Airport
Maceió/Zumbi dos Palmares International Airport
Aeroporto Internacional Maceió/Zumbi dos Palmares
|Elevation AMSL||118 m / 347 ft|
Maceió/Zumbi dos Palmares International Airport (IATA: MCZ, ICAO: SBMO), formerly called Campo dos Palmares Airport, is the airport serving Maceió, Brazil. Since 16 December 1999 the airport is named after Zumbi dos Palmares (1645–1695) a leader and hero who fought for the freedom of slaves.
It is operated by Infraero.
The airport complex underwent major works in 2005, in which the passenger terminal and apron were renovated and the runway was extended.
Airlines and destinations
The airport is located 25 km (16 mi) from downtown Maceió.
- "Estatísticas" (in Portuguese). Infraero. Archived from the original on 23 April 2017. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
- "Airport Official Website" (in Portuguese). Infraero.
- "Lista de aeródromos públicos" (in Portuguese). ANAC.
- "Lei n˚9.911, de 15 de dezembro de 1999" (in Portuguese). Lei Direto. 16 December 1999. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- Airport information for SBMO at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for SBMO at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for SBMO at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for MCZ at Aviation Safety Network
- Zumbi dos Palmares International Airport Photo Archive at airliners.net