"Streha Vorfnore", August 1921. Zyber Hallulli, 6th from left to right seated in middle row.
Tirana, Ottoman Empire
|Known for||"Streha Vorfnore" Public Orphanage
Mayor of Tirana (1913-1914)
Hallulli was born in Tirana, Ottoman Empire, in 1842. He took the first studies in his home town, finishing the "Ruzhdie" high school. After that he went to Istambul where he graduated in philosophy and theology. Together with Rauf Fico, Mytesim Këlliçi, Luigj Shala and Xhelal Toptani he co-founded Streha Vorfnore, the Albania's first public orphanage, on November 28, 1917, the date of the fifth anniversary of the Albanian Declaration of Independence. The initiators involved a commission of benefactors from the rich families and merchants of the town.
The orphanage is still the main one in Albania and is named after him: Shtëpia e Fëmijëve "Zyber Hallulli" (English: Children House "Zyber Hallulli").
He died in 1927.
- "Mayors of Tirana". tirana.gen.al.
- Ferit Lika (2013-01-16), "Streha Vorfnore", misioni i (pa) ndërprerë në këto 100 vjet ["Streha Vorfnore", an uniterrupted mission in these 100 years] (in Albanian), peshkupauje.com
- Frashëri, Kristo (2004). Historia e Tiranës (in Albanian). Toena. p. 395. ISBN 9992718978.
- Albanian Social Service (in Albanian) Archived December 30, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- H. Zyber Hallulli (1842-1927) (in Albanian), islamgjakova.net, 2015-07-24, retrieved 2015-10-28
|This article about a mayor in Albania is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|