Zygomatic process of maxilla
|Zygomatic process of maxilla|
Zygomatic process shown in red.
Left zygomatic bone in situ. (Zygomatic process of maxilla is shown in yellow.)
|Latin||processus zygomaticus maxillae|
|Anatomical terms of bone|
- In front it forms part of the anterior surface.
- Behind it is concave, and forms part of the infratemporal fossa.
- Above it is rough and serrated for articulation with the zygomatic bone.
- Below it presents the prominent arched border which marks the division between the anterior and infratemporal surfaces.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zygomatic process of maxilla.|
- Anatomy photo:22:os-1904 at the SUNY Downstate Medical Center - "Osteology of the Skull: The Maxilla"
- "Anatomy diagram: 34257.000-1". Roche Lexicon - illustrated navigator. Elsevier. Archived from the original on 2014-01-01.
|This human musculoskeletal system article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|