|Founder||Karl Zysset (1907-1998)|
|Products||Kitchen Products and Gadgets, Knives and Cutlery, Food Choppers, Graters, Slicers|
|Parent||DKB Household USA|
Zyliss is a Swiss manufacturer of kitchen and cooking products. The Zyliss brand is now owned and operated by Diethelm Keller Brands AG
Zyliss as it is known today was founded by trained bicycle mechanic, Karl Zysset (1907-1998) in 1951. The company launched its first product, the onion chopper, with the slogan "Zig-Zig Zyliss". In 1982 the company was sold to two investors who in turn sold the operation in 1985 to the Diethelm Keller Holding Group. In 2001, Zyliss partnered with the design firm, IDEO to develop a series of kitchen products that have gone on to see worldwide success.
In the year 2003 the company reduced its number of employees from 105 to 80 and the company's management announced that the production site of Zyliss would be relocated. After a protest in Switzerland the move was cancelled. Most of the team moved to China during the mid-2000s. The headquarters were also moved to Zurich in December 2005. The company currently has 120 employees.
Three notable inventions have been developed by Zyliss including the Garlic Press, the Salad Spinner, and the Onion Chopper. The "garlic susi" has an accompanying tool cleaner, and has been produced since the mid-20th century. The company also began creating the Zyliss vise (a home improvement tool) in the 1970s and has sold a slicing mandolin. The company has worked with IDEO on projects including the salad spinner, specifically on the aesthetic and visual components.
- "Handelsregister Tagebuch Nr. 9270" (PDF). Das Schweizerische Handelsamtsblatt (SHAB). 2006-04-04. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Work: Karl Zysset und sein Blitzhacker; workzeitung.ch; abgerufen am 14. August 2012
- Gina Bucher (2011-09-25). "Bequemer Alltag - Zum Gebrauch ungeeignet". Der Freitag. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- "IDEO Partners with Zyliss". www.ideo.com. IDEO. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- „Zyliss-Streik - Verbittert sind sie nicht“, Die Wochenzeitung, 27. November 2003
- "Handelsregister Tagebuch Nr. 33374" (PDF). Das Schweizerische Handelsamtsblatt (SHAB). 2005-12-08. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Mueller Science: 500 Schweizer Primeurs, Schweizer Erfindungen und Schweizer Entdeckungen ; abgerufen am 14. Aug. 2012
- "Nervige Küchengeräte - Frauenzimer.de". Frauenzimmer.de. 2008-11-28. Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- "schweizer ideen | Land der Erfinder – Das Schweizer Magazin für Innovationen". Land-der-erfinder.ch. 2013-07-31. Retrieved 2014-07-14.
- Linda Griffith, Fred Griffith. Garlic, Garlic, Garlic: More than 200 Exceptional Recipes for the World's .. pp. 37–38. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- The Vise wants to do everything. Apr 1973. p. 26. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- Jocelyn chan (Feb 2004). Silver Platter. Orange Coast Magazine. p. 42. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- Michael F. Ashby, Kara Johnso. Materials and Design: The Art and Science of Material Selection in Product .. p. 56.
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|