|Genre(s)||Poker card game|
Zynga Poker is a social game developed by Zynga as an application for the social-networking website Facebook as well as Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, Windows, MySpace, Tagged, and Google+. It was created and launched in July 2007 by a team consisting of some of the founders of the company including Justin Waldron, Michael Luxton, and Eric Schiermeyer. According to a March 2011 ESPN article, with 38 million players, Zynga Poker is the largest poker site in the world. According to a 2014 article by Dean Takahashi, about 350 million have played Zynga Poker, and the game has millions of daily players.
The game allows Facebook players to simulate playing poker in a social gaming environment. Users enter a casino lobby and can play at any table or join friends for a game. Players choose from casual Texas hold 'em tables, tournament play, or VIP tables. A leader board shows players how they compare in chip ranking to other players and allows players to send or receive gifts.
As of August 2010, the game is available in Mandarin Chinese in China as well as on Facebook in Hong Kong and Taiwan under the name Zynga Texas Poker. The game is also available in English, Indonesian, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, and French. The mobile version of the game is available in 18 languages.
- Zynga CEO Mark Pincus on the future of the company, Guardian
- "PokerCon makes debut this weekend". ESPN.com. March 17, 2011. Retrieved October 30, 2011.
- Takahashi, Dean (2014-03-03). "Zynga launches big overhaul to its flagship poker game". VentureBeat. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- It's official: Zynga chases online gambling outside the U.S. in 2013
- Facebook Group
- Zynga Poker Bonus Rewards
- Official website
- The Team Who Made Zynga Poker on We Created It