Number of locations
|Richardson, Texas, Rapid City, South Dakota|
|James R. Von Ehr II, Chairman and Founder; Lance Criscuolo, President|
Zyvex Technologies (formerly Zyvex Performance Materials, ZPM) is a molecular engineering company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. Zyvex Technologies focuses on developing advanced materials, including prepreg, epoxy resins, and adhesives.
Zyvex Technologies is a privately held company and does not publicly report its revenue or all of its customers. It has supply chain and operational partners in Ohio, Texas, South Dakota, and Washington. They are a 2007 spin-off from Zyvex, the world's first molecular nano-technology company. In 2009, Zyvex Technologies shared a $4.9 million grant from the Ohio Third Frontier program. This funding goes toward developing advanced ‘nano-enhanced’ plastics with Polyone Corporation, as well as advanced resin systems with Hexion Specialty Chemicals.
In October 2010, Zyvex Performance Materials changed its name to Zyvex Technologies.
Divisions and Developments
Their Engineered Solutions team develops special applications of nano-materials in composites. Historically, carbon nanotubes (CNTs) and graphene were inherently strong but considered difficult to use in materials because of molecular bonding challenges. Zyvex Technologies is notable for having developed molecules that solve these dispersion problems with its Kentera technology.
Zyvex's Advanced Composites Solutions team helps develop products built from proprietary technology. One more notable project is the Piranha Unmanned Surface Vessel (USV). This 54 foot boat weights 8,000 lbs and has three times the payload and ten times the range compared to other USVs built from traditional materials, such as aluminum.
Zyvex Technologies supplies materials and provides new product development support to customers in many markets, including defense, marine, automotive, coatings, energy, aerospace, sporting goods, medical, and ballistics.
- Bounds, Jeff (19 April 2007). "Zyvex splits up, will move one unit to Ohio". Dallas Business Journal. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Zyvex/PolyOne Win Important Grant AwardZyvex/PolyOne Win Important Grant Award". Ohio Polymer. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Zyvex Performance Materials Announces New Company Name: Zyvex Technologies". 4 October 2010. Retrieved 4 November 2010.
- Sloan, Jeff (10 December 2009). "The key to CNTs: Functionalization". Composites World. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Pirahna USV built using nano-enhanced carbon prepreg". ReinforcedPlastics.com. 19 February 2010. Retrieved 4 November 2010.
- "Zyvex Technologies Launches New Maritime Division: Zyvex Marine". PR Newswire. 4 November 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2011.