Jason Kennedy (TV personality)
|Born||Robert Jason Kennedy
December 11, 1981
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Miami|
|Spouse(s)||Lauren Scruggs (m. 2014)|
Jason Kennedy (born December 11, 1981) is the host of E! News, at E! Networks, where he covers national celebrity news. Kennedy has also been the co-anchor of E! News Weekend since 2012  and host of the E! series, Live from E!
Born in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, Kennedy grew up near that city, where his love for television news became apparent, even in his pre-teen years, when he spent countless hours chasing local news trucks and taking taxis to breaking news scenes for a mock-news show he produced and reported, from a studio he created in his own home. The studio was outfitted with 20 televisions, four cameras, a news desk and an editing station. Following his graduation from Westminster Academy (Florida), Kennedy went on to attend the University of Miami, where he received several awards, including the Associated Press Award for Best News Feature in the state of Florida.
Following his graduation from the University of Miami, he moved to Los Angeles in 2004 and landed a job anchoring segments for Open Call on the TV Guide Channel. Since joining the E! Networks team, Kennedy has been a weekend anchor for E! News, hosted the Daily 10 show, and has hosted the "Last Bride Standing" special for E! and covered the death of Anna Nicole Smith in early 2007, near his South Florida hometown. Beginning in May 2008, Kennedy hosted his first Primetime show called Dance Machine on ABC. Kennedy was named one of People Magazine's "Hottest Bachelors of 2008" in June 2008. Kennedy was named one of ten young stars who will become a leader of the Broadcast industry, in the Los Angeles Times article "Clark Trek: Who Will Become The Next Dick Clark?"
Kennedy is a Christian, and leads a Bible study frequented by young celebrities hoping to rehabilitate their images. Kennedy was engaged to his longtime girlfriend, Lauren Scruggs on May 30, 2014. The couple were married on December 12, 2014 in Dallas, Texas.
- "Becomeahost.com/news". Become A Host. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "'E!' Anchor Jason Kennedy's Celebrity Bible Studies Influencing Hollywood 'Nice Guy Movement'?". christianpost.com. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Nessif, Bruna (30 May 2014). "Jason Kennedy and Girlfriend Lauren Scruggs Are Engaged- See The Ring!". E! Online. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Exclusive: Jason Kennedy and Lauren Scruggs Are Married!". eonline.com. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Jason Kennedy and Lauren Scruggs Are Married!". usmagazine.com. Retrieved 12 April 2017.