New Delhi, India
|Height||5 ft 7 in (170 cm)|
Shilpi Sharma (born 1 March 1992) is an Indian film actress and model originally from Delhi, based in Mumbai. She is working in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malyalam and Kannada languages. She is the winner of SIIMA Awards - the best debutante female Kannada 2015. She has been appointed as the Youth Ambassador for Humanity and Peace by IHRC- International Human Rights Commission.
Early Life And Education
Shilpi Sharma graduated with a Bachelor of Science, specializing in textile design/fabrics, from the Institute of Home Economics at the University of Delhi. She also did her professional fashion designing course from the National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi. She attended acting workshops under Nadira Babbar, Juhu, Mumbai.
In 2006 Sharma began her career by participating in the beauty contest, "Miss Delhi Teen Queen". In 2010, she participated in the "Citadel Miss Pune" competition. In 2012, Sharma competed in the "Femina Miss India" - State Pageant and won "Miss Body Beautiful" and "Miss Beautiful Smile". Later, she moved to Mumbai and was very active in modeling. She did print advertisement and commercials for Pantaloons, Vicks, Icici bank, Lg electronics, Sambhav Diamonds, Utsav Cz gold jewellery, Moiaa Saree (with her own name Shilpi Sharma), Crysbro chicken, secure wrap, Violet Sarees, Camouflaage fashions, Collezioni Moda, Chandra Modern Builders, Aabushan, Citylife retail, Bombay Dyeing etc. and walked the ramp for Hyderabad fashion week, Jaipur International Fashion Week, etc. She did a campaign shoot for Lakme Fashion Week for designer Sabbah Sharma and editorial shoots for celebrity designer Archana Kochhar. Sharma modeled for Neeru Kumar, leading textile designer with traditional techniques and indigenous materials. She has appeared on the covers of various magazines including Woman's Era, Grihashobha, swatipublications.in, Health, New Woman, etc.
Sharma, has launched, initiated and has been part of several projects where she actively promoted and advocated women's and child's welfare. She is an advocate of women's betterment. She has also launched first pet Magazine Hyderabad PAWS along with actors Siddharth (actor) and Charmee Kaur. The event Khwaaish was initiated/launched by her in 2014, supporting new women designers across India, held in Taj Krishna, Hyderabad. It had 130 women designers involved in this, designers coming from all over India. Apart from that, she has launched Samsung electronics in Hyderabad City, Alma Soprano (the new you) cosmetic clinic etc.   She also launched the Bodypark gym and spa in Vizag recently, the largest gym and spa in Vizag.
Sharma is now the youth ambassador for peace and humanity appointed by the IHRC.
Sharma played the role of Kajal in Kahani Chandrakanta Ki, directed and produced by Sunil Agnihotri, which is sequel of the super hit TV serial Chandrakanta, aired on DD National. Kahani Chandrakanta Ki was aired on Sahara One.
She debuted in the Telugu film Green Signal as one of the leads in 2014, produced by Maruthi Dasari. She played the lead role in the Kannada movie Aakramana. Aakramana is a horror movie, made in both 2D and 3D formats and it is the first 3D horror movie in Kannada. Aakramana It is dubbed in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil. She is now slated to debut in Bollywood with Salman Khan in No Entry Mein Entry sequel of No Entry. This movie is directed by Anees Bazmee. Sharma, who made her Telugu debut with Green Signal and later starred in Current Theega, also made her entry into Tamil and Kannada films. The glam diva, who won titles like Miss Body Beautiful and Miss Beautiful Smile, has been finalised for Anees Bazmee's film — a sequel to No Entry, in which she shares screen space with Salman Khan. Shilpi will be seen with Salman Khan in the upcoming film No Entry Mein Entry.
Award and recognitions
Sharma was the star attraction at the finals of the Vodafone Sirmur Cup Polo tournament 2015, held in Jaipur. Apparently, the actress was invited by Her Highness Rajmata Padmini Devi of Jaipur, and Sharma was all more excited with the warm welcome. Inaugurated by Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje, Sharma turned as the Chief Guest for the event and gave away the prizes for the winners.
Sharma was awarded/honoured at the 7th GFFN in the young achiever's category.
- Honoured at 9th Nashik international film festival (NIFF 2017), Nashik, Maharashtra.
- Actress Award - BCR Achievers 2017, New Delhi
- Women's Achievement Awards 2017 (Actress) - IHRC - International Human Rights Commission, Bangalore.
|2015||SIIMA Awards Kannada||Best Debutant Female||Aakramana in 2D and 3D||Won|||
|2014||7th GFFN Award|||
|2014||Green Signal||Devika||Telugu||Vijay Maddhala|
|2014||Aakramana||Kaveri||Kannada||Prashanth Kumar N||SIIMA Award for Best Debutant Female|
|2014||Current Theega||Telugu||G.Nageswara Reddy||Special appearance|
|2017||Thrissivaperoor Kliptham||Nilina Mehndi||Malayalam||Ratheish Kumar||Superhit at the box office|
|2011–12||Kahani Chandrakanta Ki||Kajal||Hindi|
- "Shilpi is a fashion management graduate". The Times of India. 19 July 2014.
- "About Shilpi Sharma". Miss Shilpi Sharma Official Website. 11 July 2014.
- "Shilpi Sharma set to debut in Tollywood". The Times of India. 11 Mar 2014.
- "I want to be a 3D movie specialist". The New Indian Express. 9 Jul 2014.
- "Neeru Kumar". Neeru Kumar Official Website. 23 July 2014.
- "Shilpi Sharma at Neeru Kumar Label Launch". Tollywoodfilmnews. 23 July 2014.
- "Shilpi Sharma at Neeru Kumar Label Launch". RaagaLahari. 23 July 2014.
- "Shilpi Sharma at Neeru Kumar Collection Launch". IndianCinemaGallery. 23 July 2014.
- "It is very important to promote yourself". Deccan Herald. 2014-07-21. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "Green Signal Movie Review". Times of India. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "Green Signal Telugu Movie Review". APHERALD.com ®INDIA PVT. LTD. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "Shilpi Sharma debuts in Kannada". IndiaGlitz.com. 9 Jul 2014.
- "Aakramana 3D Movie". Aakramana Kannada 3D movie Website. 23 July 2014. Archived from the original on 10 December 2014.
- "Movie Review : Aakramana". Sify Technologies Ltd. 11 July 2014.
- "FilmySphere Interview with Shilpi Sharma, Akramana Actress". Filmysphere Entertainment Pvt Ltd. 10 Jul 2014.
- "Sandalwood Proves Lucky For Shilpi Sharma". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "Prashanth Kumar Distinction - Kannada Movie News". IndiaGlitz.com. 9 Jul 2014.
- "Akramana Movie". One India. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "Shilpi Sharma to romance Salman Khan". Times of India. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- "Shilpi Sharma to shake leg for Manoj Manchu". Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- "Shilpi Sharma to groove with Manchu Manoj - Current Theega". Times of India. Retrieved 2014-08-27.
- "Exclusive: Paiyana Ponna Full Video Song | Johan Anthony, Shilpi Sharma"
- quintdaily (11 August 2017). "Thrissivaperoor Kliptham Movie Review and Rating (3.5/5) – QuintDaily".