This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
13 November 1991 (age 26)|
Kollam, Kerala, India
|Years active||2012 , 2014 , 2016|
|Spouse(s)||Srinath Rajendran ( 02 - 04-2017)|
|Parent(s)||Madhu Nair, Sobha|
Gauthami Nair is an Indian film actress who appears in Malayalam films.
Gauthami Nair was born to Madhu Nair and Sobha on 13 November 1991 on Alleppey. She has an elder sister Gayathri.
She left her studies mid-way to pursue a career in films, but in 2012, she enrolled herself in a course in psychology at the Government College for Women, Thiruvananthapuram. She announced that she is getting married to someone who is working in the industry on March 2017 through online news portals, and got married to film-maker Srinath Rajendran on 2 April 2017.
She started her acting career by starring in the Malayalam film Second Show. Her second film was Diamond Necklace in Malayalam, in which she starred with Fahadh Faasil and Samvrutha Sunil as a nurse. Her role as a Tamil girl and the charisma with which she carried herself around even when everything around her was collapsing in the film was very much appreciated. Her next Malayalam film Chapters, was also well received.
|2012||Second Show||Geethanjali Janardhanan (Geethu)||Asianet Film Award for Best New Face of the Year (Female)|
|2012||Diamond Necklace||Lakshmi||Winner – Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Malayalam|
Nominated—SIIMA Award for Best Female Debutant
Awards and nominations
- Asianet Film Award for Best New Face of the Year (Female) for Second Show
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Malayalam for Diamond Necklace
- Nominated – SIIMA Award for Best Female Debutant for Second Show
- "szri on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- Inc, Twitter. "Szri @szri". Periscope. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- Shiba Kurian (13 June 2012) "Gauthami is career minded". The Times of India.
- Manu Vipin (15 October 2012). "Gauthami Nair is back in college". Times of India.
- Parvathy Nambidi (1 April 2013) "Girls have all the fun". The New Indian Express.
- "It's guessing time, peeps! Gauthami Nair's fiancé is from Mollywood itself". OnManorama. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- "Malayalam Actress Gauthami Nair Wedding Photos". Kerala Wedding Trends. 2017-04-02. Retrieved 2017-04-03.
- Manu Vipin (9 May 2012). "I'd love to play a psycho: Gauthami Nair". Times of India. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- "I was super excited to be working with Lal Jose and Fahad in 'Diamond Necklace': Gauthami Nair in 'Balcony Baatein'". Balconybeats. 30 April 2012.
- . manoramaonline.com. 28 March 2013