The Eye 10
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Eye 10|
|Mandarin||Jiàn Guǐ 10|
|Cantonese||Gin Gwai 10|
|Directed by||Pang brothers|
|Produced by||Peter Chan|
|Written by||Pang brothers|
|Music by||Payont Term Sit|
|Edited by||Curran Pang|
|Distributed by||Mediacorp Raintree Pictures|
The Eye 10, also known as The Eye Infinity, also released as The Eye 3, is a 2005 horror film directed by the Pang brothers, starring Bolin Chen, Kate Yeung, Isabella Leong, Bongkoj Khongmalai, Ray MacDonald and Kris Gu. The number "10" in the title is not an indicator of chronology in The Eye film series. The film is actually the third of a film trilogy by the Pang brothers.
Chong-kwai welcomes his friends Ted, May, Kofei and cousin April from Hong Kong to Thailand. He shows them a book he purchased from a strange man, titled The Ten Encounters, that describes ten ways to see ghosts and spirits.
If they start the game, they must complete it or they will be haunted forever. Out of curiosity, the five friends start playing. In the middle of the game, Kofei disappears. Chong-kwai's mother, who is an expert on the supernatural, warns the friends to leave Thailand but April stays behind because she wants to find Kofei (her boyfriend). One night, April tries one of the methods and brushes her hair in front of a mirror at night. Her fate is uncertain.
Back in Hong Kong, Ted and May continue to experience strange and ghostly encounters, with Ted being possessed by a ghost at one point. In Thailand, Chong-kwai sees that the drawings of characters in the book have been replaced by images of himself and his friends. Ted and May return to Thailand to complete the game, hoping that the curse will be broken after doing so. They perform the last step, which is to sleep while dressed in traditional garments for the deceased. In the ghost world, Ted and May find Kofei. April appears and helps them escape. All three ask April how she came to the ghost world and she tells them what happened. Thinking Kofei was dead, she committed suicide. Kofei decides to stay with April in the ghost world while Ted and May attempt to escape. However, when they wake up, they learn that they have become spirits. Chong-kwai and his mother attempt to revive Ted and May but fail.
At the end, the sinister bookstore owner is seen selling another copy of the cursed book to an interested teenager.
The Ten Ways to See Ghosts
- Getting a corneal transplant from a person who can see ghosts (as seen in The Eye)
- Attempting suicide while pregnant (as seen in The Eye 2)
- Playing ouija or a similar game
- Tapping chopsticks on a bowl filled with food at a road intersection at night to attract hungry ghosts
- Playing hide-and-seek at night while carrying a black cat
- Rubbing dirt from a grave on your eyes
- Opening an umbrella indoors
- Brushing your hair at midnight in front of a mirror
- Performing a "peek-a-stoop" (bending over to look back between your legs)
- Sleeping while dressed in used traditional garments for the deceased to fool the dead into believing that you are one of them
- Kate Yeung as May
- Bolin Chen as Teddy (Ted)
- Isabella Leong as April
- Ray MacDonald as Chong-kwai
- Kris Gu as Kofei
- Bongkoj Khongmalai as Accident victim