|Industry||Contract Research Organization
Pharmaceutical Service Consulting
|Headquarters||Durham, North Carolina, USA|
|Dennis Gillings, Founder
Ari Bousbib, Chairman and CEO
|Products||Support services for pharmaceutical, biotech and medical companies and individuals|
|Revenue||US$ $6.878 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
|~ 50,000 (2017)|
IQVIA, formerly Quintiles IMS Holdings, Inc., is an American multinational company serving the combined industries of health information technologies and clinical research. It is a Fortune 500 company and the world’s largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services with a network of more than 50,000 employees conducting business in approximately 100 countries.
IQVIA is the world’s largest contract research organization as ranked by reported service revenues, and is focused primarily on Phase I-IV clinical trials and associated laboratory and analytical services.
- In 1982, Dennis Gillings founded and incorporated Quintiles Transnational in North Carolina.
- Quintiles Transnational established Quintiles Pacific Inc. and Quintiles Ireland Ltd. in 1990, and in 1991 Quintiles GmbH was established in Germany and Quintiles Laboratories Ltd. was established in Atlanta, Georgia.
- In September 1996, Quintiles purchased Innovex Ltd. of Britain for $747.5 million in stock.
- Quintiles went public in 1997 and completed a successful secondary stock offering.
- Over 2016 concluding on October 3, Quintiles underwent a $17.6 billion merger with IMS Health becoming QuintilesIMS.
- In Dec 2016, it acquired Q2 Metrics Inc a business intelligence company in the healthcare sector.
- In November 2017, the company adopted the new name of IQVIA and changed its ticker symbol from Q to IQV. Its shares will continue to trade on the NYSE.
- Fortune 500
- "QuintilesIMS is now IQVIA". Business Wire. 6 November 2017. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- "Inside Quintiles: The World's Largest CRO". Outsourcing-Pharma.com.
- Matthew Herper (November 22, 2010). "Money, Math and Medicine". Forbes Magazine. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- "Quintiles Pacific, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek".
- "Quintiles Laboratories Limited: Private Company Information - Businessweek".
- Derdak T, Atkins, W (2005). "Quintiles Transnational Corp". Encyclopedia.com.
- Olivia Oran (9 May 2013). "Quintiles IPO raises more-than-planned $947 million as stocks rally". Reuters.
- Henderson, Jennifer (3 October 2016). "Quintiles, IMS Health complete merger". Triangle Business Journal, American City Business Journals. Retrieved 3 October 2016.