Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bumblebee around a Pomegranate a Second Before Awakening by Salvador Dalí, 1944. Source www.dali-gallery.com
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because
- It illustrates an educational article about the painting that this image represents.
- The image is used as the primary means of visual identification of the article topic.
- It is a low-resolution image.
- Its inclusion in the article adds significantly to the article because the painting and its historical significance are the object of discussion in the article.
- It is not replaceable with an uncopyrighted or freely copyrighted image of comparable educational value.
||This image is of a drawing, painting, print, or other two-dimensional work of art, and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the artist who produced the image, the person who commissioned the work, or their heirs. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of works of art
- for critical commentary on
- the work in question,
- the artistic genre or technique of the work of art or
- the school to which the artist belongs
- on the English-language Wikipedia, hosted on servers in the United States by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation,
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, might be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Non-free content for more information.
Fair use //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dream_Caused_by_the_Flight_of_a_Bumblebee_around_a_Pomegranate_a_Second_Before_Awakening.jpg
||To the uploader:
To patrollers and administrators: If this image has an 'appropriate' rationale please append
- Please add a detailed fair use rationale for each use, as well as the source of the work and copyright information.
- For example fair use rationales, see here.
- Template:Non-free use rationale may be helpful for stating the rationale.
|image has rationale=yes as a parameter to the license template.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||20:50, 25 November 2011||250 × 318 (22 KB)||Moe Epsilon (talk | contribs)||lower resolution for fair use|
The following pages on the English Wikipedia link to this file (pages on other projects are not listed):