Troels Brun Folmann
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Troels Brun Folmann
|Born||10 January 1974|
|Genres||Orchestral, electronic, electro-acoustic|
|Occupation(s)||Music composer, Music Software|
|Associated acts||8dio Production |
(music samples library)
(advertising music library)
Troels Brun Folmann (born 10 January 1974 in Copenhagen) is a Danish composer specialised in epic orchestral music featured in TV shows, trailers and video games, such as the Tomb Raider series, and commercial/trailers for films such as Spider-Man 3, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Illusionist and 10,000 BC, and the fourth season of TV series America's Got Talent. He has worked on the Tomb Raider series with Crystal Dynamics for Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Underworld, and the spin-off Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, refreshing for the first time the classical music style of the old series coming with a new way of perceiving Lara's scores, a much more electronic approach and trailer modern orchestral feeling.
Music sampling and production
As of August 2011, Tonehammer had come to an end. The music sampling company was split into two separate companies with Troels leading a new music-sampling company, along with partner Tawnia Knox, called 8Dio Productions. The virtual instruments of 8Dio range from epic choirs and epic percussion ensembles to solo vocals and next-generation hybrid scoring tools, with over 250 products serving every genre worldwide.
In May 2018, Troels Folmann launched the Sequential Prophet X with Dave Smith (inventor of MIDI). The Prophet X is a true analog hybrid sample synthesizer with >150 GB of sample content.
Folmann has won multiple international awards, including the British Academy Award (BAFTA) for Best Original Score, the Mix Foundation TEC Award for the Best Interactive Entertainment Sound Production at his composing debut for Tomb Raider with Tomb Raider: Legend. In addition Troels Folmann has been awarded the GDC/G.A.N.G award for his soundtrack work. Troels is also a Ph.D. scholar in Adaptive Music Systems and Artificial Intelligence.
Video game scores
- Commercial music Blizzard / Overwatch (2016-)
- Commercial music for TESLA Motors (2016)
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive (2015) (Music Kit: Uber Blasto Phone)
- Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (2014) (With Jeff Broadbent, Steve Jablonsky and Bobby Tahouri)
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (2012)
- Carrier Command: Gaea Mission (2012)
- Needs For Speed (2012)
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (2010) (re-editing tracks from Tomb Raider: Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld, with Colin O'Malley)
- Tomb Raider: Underworld (2008) (Composer of the Main Theme and bulk supervisor to composer Colin O'Malley)
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary (2007)
- Tomb Raider: Legend (2006)
- Project Snowblind (2005)
- Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown (2003)
Film trailer scores
- America's Got Talent (2009)
- Batman Arkham Asylum (2009)
- Kings (2009)
- Valkyrie (2008)
- 10,000 BC (2008)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
- The Last Mimzy (2007)
- Spider-Man 3 (2007)
- X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
- The Illusionist (2006)
- Mix Foundation / TEC Award for Best Interactive Sound Production (2007)
- GDC/GANG Award for Best Original Soundtrack (2007)
- British Academy Video Games Award for Best Original Score (2006)
- Scandinavian D3 Award for Best Composer of All Time (2006)
- allgame.com. "Credits for Legend". www.allgame.com. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- allgame.com. "Credits for Anniversary". www.allgame.com. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- allgame.com. "Credits for Underworld". www.allgame.com. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- Troels Folmann (2007-10-07). "Won the Mix Foundation TEC award". www.troelsfolmann.com. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
| Tomb Raider composer