This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||B3: ITEC3|
|Industry||Computer System |
|Ricardo Egydio Setubal, (Chairman) |
Mario Anseloni Neto, (CEO)
|Products||Computer Monitors |
|Revenue||R$ 439 million (2013) |
|R$ 278 million (2013) |
Number of employees
Itautec makes consumer electronics, banking and retail automation. The company has the tenth largest base of ATMs in the world, and the second in Latin America. Headquartered in São Paulo and with a manufacturing plant in the city of Jundiaí (SP), Itautec has 5,709 direct employees - 5,285 in Brazil and 424 abroad.
Itautec is a well-known ATM, kiosk and computer manufacturer in the Brazilian and South American markets, and also has a key role in project deployment and IT services.
Presently the company's product lines include:
- Personal Computers: desktop, tablet and laptop personal computers
- Monitors: LCD, LED, OLED and touch screen monitors
- Commercial and Banking Automation
- Software: Point of sale, credit card processing, an in-house Linux distribution called Librix, terminal management, digital signatures, and banking correspondence, among others
- Services and Integration: Technical support, infrastructure, security, phone support, servers and networks
- Components: Printed circuit boards, Memory boards, and integrated circuits
1980 – First online presence as GRI Gerenciador de Redes Itautec "Itautec Network Services Provider" and Banktec mainframes.
1981 – Central agency of Itaú is founded, including an automation system developed by Itautec.
1982 – Bank of Brazil installs GRI and Banktec
1985 – PC/XT microcomputer launched
1986 – Itautec installs the first compact Automated teller machine
1989 – GRIP (Gerenciamento de Redes Itautec para PC "Itautec Network Management for PCs") is launched
1990 – Launch of first Notebook computer, IS 386 Note
1994 – Itautec launches a second-generation ATM in Brazil
1995 – First version of Banktec Multicanal in Banco Itaú Argentina
2001 – First ATMs exported to United States/Europe
2002 – Itautec acquires technology from NMD for DelaRue, and installs the first WEB system in Banco Itaú Buen Ayre.
2009 – Itautec ranks in the 24th position in Fintech ranking, that lists the world's largest IT providers.
2011 – Itautec debuts world’s first touchless 3D ATM.
- American Banker article: "ATM's Hologram Interface Deters Theft"
- Credit Union Journal article: "First Touchscreen 3D ATM Launched for CUMarket"