|Full name||Néstor Ezequiel Ortigoza|
|Date of birth||7 October 1984|
|Place of birth||San Antonio de Padua, Argentina|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position(s)||Central Midfielder|
|2005||→ Nueva Chicago (loan)||13||(0)|
|2012–2013||→ Emirates Club (loan)||30||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17 May 2018|
Néstor Ezequiel Ortigoza (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈnestoɾ oɾtiˈɣosa]; born 7 October 1984) is an Argentine, naturalized Paraguayan football central midfielder, who currently plays for Rosario Central in the Argentine Primera División
Ortigoza started his career in 2004, playing for Argentinos Juniors. In 2005, he had a brief loan spell with Nueva Chicago before returning to Argentinos. In 2007, he began to establish himself as an important member of the first team squad and in 2009 he became a near permanent fixture in the first team squad after the appointment of Claudio Borghi as the manager of Argentinos Juniors.
Ortigoza was an important member of the Argentinos Juniors team that won the Clausura 2010 championship. He played in 17 of the clubs 19 games and scored 3 goals during their championship winning campaign been their captain and was selected Footballer of the Year in Argentina.
Ortigoza's father is Paraguayan, meaning that the Paraguay national football team's coach Gerardo Martino had the interest of Ortigoza playing for the Paraguay national team due to Ortigoza is entitled to request Paraguayan citizenship. .
On 8 April 2009 he obtained Paraguayan nationality, which enabled him to play for the Paraguay national team. Ortigoza was called to the Paraguay national football team for the Qualification matches against Venezuela and Colombia. He played in the World Cup 2010 in South Africa. On 14 October 2014, he scored his first goal in a 1–2 friendly away defeat against China.
- Scores and results list Paraguay's goal tally first.
|1||14 October 2014||Helong Stadium, Changsha||China PR||1–2||1–2||Friendly|
Style of play
Néstor Ortigoza is known for stocky, physical build, and his ability to win the ball as a central midfielder. His range of distribution and his slow-paced, intelligent, precise passing game also enable him to influence games from deeper positions in midfield, where he can set the tempo of his team's play and orchestrate attacking moves. He is also a penalty kick specialist.
- Argentinos Juniors
- San Lorenzo
- Rosario Central
- "Emirates sign a contract with Paraguay pro. Nestor Ortigoza". UAE Pro League. official website. 24 July 2012.
- "Néstor Ortigoza es nuevo jugador de Rosario Central". Deportes RCN. 29 December 2017.
- Ortigoza consiguió su nacionalización Archived 11 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine at La Nacion (in Spanish)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 October 2009. Retrieved 9 October 2007.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Jamie Rainbow (6 October 2011). "Tactics: Uruguay's flexible friend". World Soccer. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- Sam Kelly (17 December 2014). "Three Points: San Lorenzo struggle to overcome a valiant Auckland City". ESPN FC. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- Tim Vickery (1 February 2016). "Tim Vickery's Notes from South America: tough baptism for Bauza at Sao Paulo". World Soccer. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "Paul Scholes, Xavi and Andrea Pirlo revive the deep-lying playmaker". The Guardian. 19 March 2012. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Paraguay Squad". World Soccer. 24 May 2010. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "Nestor Ortigoza, an almost infallible penalty taker". CONMEBOL. 16 March 2016. Retrieved 30 January 2017.