March 23, 1982
|Awards||Best Supporting Actor|
2002 Taejo Wang Geon at 2001 KBS Drama Awards
|Revised Romanization||Jeong Tae-u|
Like many South Korean actors Jung, Tae-woo began his career as a child model/actor. He made his first mark in Korean TV drama at age 19 when he was awarded the 2001 KBS Best Supporting Actor award for his role as a precocious court advisor in the 200-episode historical series Taejo Wang Geon. He has been cast in a variety of supporting roles, from sensitive and tragic in historical drama to comic in such Korean television series as Nonstop, Into the Sun, and Mom's Dead Upset (aka Angry Mom).
In 2007 he appeared in the long-running and popular KBS historical series Dae Jo Yeong playing the hero's illegitimate son Geom. Immediately after, he made a brief but notable appearance in the SBS sageuk drama The King and I" playing the notorious Joseon king Yeonsangun.
His most notable movie role is as the pachinko game promoter Chun-bae in the 2004 martial arts film Fighter in the Wind.
In January 2013, Jung co-starred in military musical The Promise. It was co-produced by the Ministry of National Defense and Korea Musical Theatre Association, to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the signing of an armistice. It ran from 9 to 20 January at the National Theater of Korea, co-starring actors Ji Hyun-woo, Kim Mu-yeol; as well as singers Leeteuk of Super Junior, Yoon Hak of Supernova, and Lee Hyun of 8Eight. The musical is centered around a group of soldiers who keeps a promise made to each other during the 6.25 war.
On May 8, 2009, Jung Tae-woo wed stewardess Jang In-hee in a private Christian ceremony at Seoul's Shilla Hotel. They have two sons, born in 2010 and 2015.
- Criminal Minds (tvN, 2017) - Kim Min Soo
- The Merchant: Gaekju 2015 (KBS, 2015)
- The Jingbirok: A Memoir of Imjin War (KBS, 2015)
- Gwanggaeto, The Great Conqueror (KBS, 2011)
- Legend of the Patriots (KBS, 2010)
- Mom's Dead Upset (KBS, 2008)
- The King and I (SBS, 2008) - Prince Yeonsan
- Dae Jo Yeong (KBS, 2007) - Dae Geom
- Police Line (On Media cable, 2007)
- Great Inheritance (KBS, 2006)
- Age of Warriors (KBS, 2003) - Emperor Huijong
- Into the Sun (SBS, 2003) - Kim Jae-hyun
- Nonstop 3 (MBC, 2003)
- King's Woman (SBS, 2003) - Prince Gwanghae's Prince Successor
- Woman of the World (SBS, 2002) - King Injong
- Taejo Wang Geon (KBS, 2000) - Choi Ung
- Nonstop (TV Sitcom, 2000)
- The King and Queen (KBS, 1998) - King Danjong
- Tears of the Dragon (1996) - Great Prince Muan
- Han Myeong-hoi (KBS, 1994) - King Danjong
- The Ume Tree in the Midst of the Snow (Episode 3 of "The 500 Years of the Joseon Dynasty"; MBC, 1984–1985) - King Danjong
- Wedding Campaign (2005)
- Fighter in the Wind (2004)
- Chihwaseon (aka Painted Fire or Strokes of Fire) (2002)
- Kid Cop (1993)
- 2009/2010 Equus
- 2009 Jazz Lunatic
- KBS Best Supporting Actor (2001)
- "Jung Tae-woo (정태우, Korean actor)". HanCinema.net. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Star-Studded Army Musical to Open in January". Chosun Ilbo. 28 December 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (12 December 2012). "Super Junior's Leeteuk and Ji Hyun Woo Participate in Army Musical". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Archived from the original on 15 June 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "[ChanMi's star news] Jung Tae-woo's wedding! @ HanCinema :: The Korean Movie and Drama Database". Hancinema.net. Retrieved 31 January 2019.