Thore Christian Elias Fries
Thore Christian Elias Fries (3 November 1886 – 31 December 1930 son of Theodor Magnus Fries and brother of Robert Elias Fries) was Professor of Systematic Botany at Lund University. He specialized in lichenology and plant geography. This botanist is denoted by the author abbreviation T.C.E.Fr. when citing a botanical name. He did his field work and travelled in India and Africa 
- International Organization for Plant Information (IOPI). "Author Details". International Plant Names Index. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- Brummitt, R. K.; C. E. Powell (1992). Authors of Plant Names. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. ISBN 1-84246-085-4.
- Anders Backlund (2006-02-03). "The Fries Family of Botanists". Uppsala University. Archived from the original on 2007-12-09. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
- Aluka. "Fries, Thore Christian Elias (1886-1931)". African Plants. Ithaka Harbors, Inc. JSTOR 000002742.
- Gunn, Mary; L. E. Codd; L. E. W. Codd (1981). "Dictionary of Plant Collectors". Botanical Exploration of Southern Africa: An Illustrated History of Early botanical literature on the Cape flora. CRC Press. pp. 400 pages. ISBN 0-86961-129-1.
- Systematic Botany - History at www.systbot.uu.se
- http://www.systbot.uu.se/information/history/fries[permanent dead link].
|Wikispecies has information related to Thore Christian Elias Fries|
- Hyde, M.A. & Wursten, B. "Fries, Thore Christian Elias". Flora of Zimbabwe. Retrieved 2008-05-06.
|This article about a Swedish botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|