Kenneth James Trevallion|
17 July 1925
Newcastle, New South Wales
9 September 2009 (aged 84)|
Sydney, New South Wales
|Education||Newcastle Boys High School, New South Wales|
|Awards||Order of Australia Medal|
Kenneth James Trevallion OAM (17 July 1925—9 September 2009) was an Australian known for his work with We Help Ourselves drug rehabilitation centres and the Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Society of New South Wales.
He joined the RAAF in 1943 and served with the No. 148 Squadron RAF, in Italy and Egypt, as a tail gunner flying on Vickers Wellington, Handley Page Halifax and Consolidated B-24 Liberator bombers. Ken was discharged from the RAF with the rank of Warrant Officer in 1945.
After the war Ken attended the University of Sydney and then went on to work at the Reserve Bank of Australia. He left the bank in 1961 and followed his brothers into the motor business. He established Kenyon Truck Sales Pty Ltd in 1965 and National Truck Spares Pty Ltd in 1985.
Ken’s involvement with We help Ourselves started in 1980 when he joined the board and he served as president of that organization from February 1998 to September 2005.
He died in 2009.
- "Service Record, TREVALLION, KENNETH JAMES" (database on-line). World War Two Nominal Roll. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia. Department of Veterans' Affairs. 2002. Retrieved 23 Jul 2011.
- "Queen's Birthday Honours". Herald-Sun. Melbourne: Herald and Weekly Times Limited. 9 June 2003. p. 74.
MEDAL IN THE GENERAL DIVISION ... Kenneth James TREVALLION. Cronulla, NSW. Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Society
- "Deaths". The Sydney Morning Herald. Sydney. 12 September 2009.
- "Australian Honours Database". Government of Australia. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
Name: TREVALLION, Kenneth James; Award: Medal of the Order of Australia; Post-nominal: OAM; Date granted: 09 June 2003; State: NSW; Suburb: Cronulla; Postcode: 2230; Country: Australia; Citation: For service to the community through We Help Ourselves and the Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Society of New South Wales.
- Government of New South Wales. Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages. Index of registers. Rockdale 3071/1950 — Marriage of TREVALNION (sic), Kenneth James and GOULD, Barbara Ethel.
- Baird, Bruce (23 June 2003). "Statements by members. Cook Electorate: Queen's Birthday Honours". Hansard. p. 17163. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
Ken Trevallion, a tireless worker for the community, was recognised for his work in assisting drug addicts to get clean, as President of the We Help Ourselves Drug Treatment Centre.