Belle Monappa Hegde
Belle Monappa Hegde
|Born||18 August 1938 (age 81)|
|Profession||Cardiologist, Medical Scientist, Educationist, and Author|
|Institutions||Stanley Medical College (Madras)|
King George Medical College (Lucknow)
Royal College of Physicians (London)
Brigham and Women's Hospital - Harvard Medical School (Boston)
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
Dr. B. C. Roy Award(1999)
Jagdish Chandra Bose Award in Life Science (1999)
Ullal Srinivasa Mallya Lifetime Achievement Award(2019)
Belle Monappa Hegde often abbreviated as B. M. Hegde (born 18 August 1938) is a cardiologist, professional educator and author. He is the former Vice Chancellor of Manipal University, Co-Chairman of the TAG-VHS Diabetes Research Centre, Chennai and the chairman of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mangalore. He has authored several books on medical practice and ethics. He is also the Editor in Chief of the medical journal, Journal of the Science of Healing Outcomes. He was awarded the Dr. B. C. Roy Award in 1999. In 2010, he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan, one of India's highest civilian awards.
Dr. B. M. Hegde was born on 18 August 1938, in Pangala, Udupi, India
Dr. B. M. Hegde is a medical practitioner and has a M.B.B.S from Stanley Medical College (Madras), a M.D. from King George Medical College (Lucknow), FRCP from Royal College of Physicians, London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Dublin. He also has a FACC and FAMS. He also received training in cardiology from Harvard Medical School under Bernard Lown.
Dr. B. M. Hegde is visiting faculty at many universities. He also serves as the Chairman of the Mangalore chapter of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, and has served as Vice-Chancellor of Manipal University He has also authored several books in English and Kannada. The latest book being Sukha Sampada written in Kannada was published in 2005. "Soukhya Sanjeevini" being another popular Kannada book published in 2001. Apart from publishing several medical research papers. Dr. Hegde is an affiliate professor of Human Health, University of Northern Colorado since 2002. He serves as Chairman of Bihar State Health Society's Expert Committee, Govt. of Bihar, Patna. He served as a Member of Postgraduate Medical Education Board, Government of India. He served as Chairman of OHIO University's Indian Trust, Bangalore. He served as Chairman of Ganapathi Engineering College Governing Board, Vellore. He served as Chairman of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mangalore Kendra. He was Editor in Chief, Journal of the Science of Healing Outcomes, Mangalore. He was Vice Chancellor of Manipal University, India. He was Professor of Cardiology [Visiting] London University since 1982. He was Director-Professor, Principal and Dean of Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore. He was Emeritus International Advisor to The Royal College of Physicians of London and Edinburgh. He was First Indian examiner for MRCP [UK] examination in the UK from 1988 to 1998. He was MRCPI examiner in Dublin since 2000 till 2009. He served as President of World Academy of Authentic Healing Sciences, Mangalore. He has been a Non Executive & Independent Director of Zydus Wellness Limited since July 29, 2009. Dr. Hegde has 47 years of teaching experience to undergraduates and postgraduates. He has been a professor of Medicine since 1973. He is Emeritus International Advisor to the Royal College of Physicians London.
Dr. Hegde, an elected fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences,  has won Dr. B. C. Roy National Award in the category of an Eminent Medical Teacher, Dr. J. C. Bose Award for Life Sciences Research, PRIDE OF INDIA Award from the Pacific Association of Indians in California and many more. Dr. Hegde is Padma Bhushan awardee 2010. He is MBBS, Ph. D. [Hon. Causa], MD, FRCP [London], FRCP [Edinburgh], FRCP [Glasgow], FRCPI [Dublin], FACC [USA] and FAMS
He has published a research on using silver nano particles infused with water for curing malaria in three days. He has proposed that 'quantum healing' can bring sick persons back to normal.
- Wisdom of the human body. Gandhi Centre of Science and Human Values of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. 2001. pp. 148 pages.
- What Doctors Don't Get to Study in Medical School. Anshan. 2006. pp. 275 pages. ISBN 978-1-904798-84-2.
- Hypertension: Assorted Topics. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. 1995. pp. 108 pages.
- The Heart Manual. UBS Publishers' Distributors. 2000. pp. 157 pages.
- You Can Be Healthy. Macmillan Publishers India Limited. 2004. pp. 208 pages. ISBN 978-1-4039-2233-5.
- How To Maintain Good Health. UBS Publishers' Distributors Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 978-81-7476-069-2.
- Modern Medicine and Ancient Indian Wisdom. Manipal Academy of Higher Education. 2000.
- Holistic Living. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. pp. 117 pages. ISBN 978-81-7276-024-3.
- Art Of Public Speaking. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan. ISBN 978-81-7276-054-0.
- "B.M. Hegde to head Bihar health society". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- Bureau Hindu Business Line. "Coconut oil, an ideal fat". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "PIB Press Release: This Year's Padma Awards announced". Pib.nic.in. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- "'People's doctor' gets Padma Bhushan". The New Indian Express. 26 January 2010. Retrieved 3 February 2010.
- "Padma Bhushan Award for Veteran Physician, Administrator, Dr B M Hegde". Daijiworld. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- Bhavan's Kendras Statewise List, archived from the original on 28 September 2011, retrieved 18 July 2011
- "List of Fellows - NAMS" (PDF). National Academy of Medical Sciences. 2016. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- [silver nano particles infused with water can cure malaria in just three days "Now, silver touch to malaria cure"] Check
|url=value (help). The Hindu. The Hindi. 17 February 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- Hegde BM : “Modern Medicine and Quantum Physics” Kuwait Medical Journal: March 2003:35(1): 1-3
- Hegde, B.M. "Some thoughts on quantum healing". pubmedinfo.com. The Hindi. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Belle Monappa Hegde.|