|Headquarters||Littleton, Colorado, United States|
|Locale|| EU NZ|
|Service type||Package tours|
|Chief executive||Sergio Mantegazza|
Group Voyagers, Inc. - also known as the "Globus family of brands" is a group of escorted tour, river cruise and independent travel package companies marketed worldwide. They include the brands Globus, Cosmos, Avalon Waterways and Monograms.
Over time, Mantegazza acquired motorcoaches to transport tourists around the Lake Lugano area in southern Switzerland. Boasting a fleet of 12 coaches, operating local excursions for European tourists in Switzerland, Mantegazza called his new venture Globus Viaggi.
By 1950 the company operated 33 coaches with overnight excursions to Rome, Venice, the Dolomites and French Riviera. Gradually, the overnight excursions became regularly scheduled tours and grew longer to cover more ground. Later that decade, under the leadership of Werner Albek, Antonio’s business partner, Globus pioneered the concept of Grand European Touring by offering first-class European tours to United States citizens.
In 1961 the group launched Cosmos (originally referred to as Cosmos Holidays) in the United Kingdom, offering value-priced European touring for the cost-conscious traveler.
From 1975 under Sergio Mantegazza, son of Antonio and current president of Globus, the company's brands began expanding their markets beyond UK with packages to Africa, Australia, North and South America, Southeast Asia, Europe and the South Pacific. Also in the early 70s, Globus launched its North American company – Group Voyagers, Inc. – overseeing U.S. operations and the American market for the Globus and Cosmos brands.
The Globus family of brands now consists of more than 30 tourism and aviation businesses, serviced by more than 5,000 staff. The companies’ escorted and independent vacations offer nearly 10,000 departures and over 400 different itineraries, covering more than 65 countries on six continents. Combined, the travel brands carry nearly 500,000 passengers per year, making the Globus the largest tour operator worldwide.
- "Travel Industry Finds Adventure Now Ageless Archived 2016-03-07 at the Wayback Machine New York Times
- "Avalon Waterways Company Information Archived 2015-02-02 at the Wayback Machine Cruise Critic
- Monograms and Venice Archived 2015-04-15 at the Wayback Machine Independent Traveler
- "Company Web Site". Archived from the original on 2015-01-13. Retrieved 2015-01-06.
- ""Around the World in 80 Years" - TravelAge West (April 2008)". Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2011-05-03.
- "Avalon Waterways Celebrates a Decade in River Cruising" Archived 2014-08-01 at the Wayback Machine TravelAge West (June 2014)
- "Globus Hits 80" Vacation Agent (September 2008)
- Young, Susan J. (2008-08-04). "Globus Travel". Travel Agent Central. Archived from the original on 2017-07-26. Retrieved 2019-04-07.