Disney was born in County Louth on 13 July 1797 and educated at Trinity College, Dublin. He held incumbencies at Siddan, Stackallan and Inishmot before becoming Archdeacon of Raphoe in 1835, a post he held for ten years until he became Dean of Emly. In his spare time he compiled an eight-volume collection of his sermons. He was Dean of Armagh from 1851 until his death on 20 December 1874.
- "Deputy Keeper of Public Records in Ireland : appendix to thirtieth report (Diocese of Dublin)" Dublin; HMSO: 1899
- Multiple News Items The Standard (London, England), Monday, April 23, 1866; pg. 7; Issue 13013
- “A New History of Ireland” Moody, T.W; Martin, F.X; Byrne, F.J; Cosgrove, A: Oxford, OUP, 1976 ISBN 0-19-821745-5
- "Alumni Dublinenses : a register of the students, graduates, professors and provosts of Trinity College in the University of Dublin (1593–1860George Dames Burtchaell/Thomas Ulick Sadleir p231: Dublin, Alex Thom and Co, 1935
- "Fasti ecclesiæ hibernicæ: the succession of the prelates in Ireland" Vol 3 p366: Cotton, H; Dublin, Hodges & Smith, 1860
- "Fasti ecclesiæ hibernicæ: the succession of the prelates in Ireland" Vol 1 p96: Cotton, H; Dublin, Hodges & Smith, 1860
- "Occasional and Practical Sermons" (Dublin 1847) British Library web site accessed 19:18 GMT Monday 28 January 2013
- Fryde, E. B.; Greenway, D. E.; Porter, S.; Roy, I. (1986). Handbook of British Chronology (3rd ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. pp. 400–401. ISBN 0-521-56350-X.
- Armagh clergy and parishes : being an account of the clergy of the Church of Ireland in the Diocese of Armagh, from the earliest period, with historical notices of the several parishes and churches Leslie, J.B:Dundalk : William Tempest, 1911
- Births, Deaths, Marriages and Obituaries The Morning Post (London, England), Tuesday, December 29, 1874
|This article about an Irish Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|