|Date of birth||September 19, 1990|
|Place of birth||Roeland Park, Kansas, U.S.|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|2013–2014||FC Kansas City||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in Roeland Park, Kansas to Huw Williams and Nina Murray, Williams attended and played for St. James Academy in Lenexa, Kansas. In 2009, she was named Shawnee Dispatch Female Athlete of the Year for after starting as a defender all four years for St. James. A three-time all-state and two-time all-metro selection, Williams also earned all-conference and all-state academic honors in 2009 and all-county honors in 2008. She helped lead her squad to the state championship during her final two seasons at the school. In 2006, Williams was an all-conference honoree as a sophomore and earned her first of three consecutive team MVP awards as a freshman. In 2008, she was named conference defensive player of the year.
Missouri State University
Williams attended Missouri State University where she majored in elementary education. As a defender for the Missouri State Bears, Williams started every match on defense during her freshman season. She recorded one point with an assist and tallied three shots, two of which were on goal. Williams was named to the Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) All-Freshman squad and received All-MVC honorable mention honors. During her sophomore season in 2010, she led the squad with six assists. She was named MVC Defensive Player of the Week on September 7. Williams earned All-MVC second team honors and, after registering an assist in the MVC Championship match, was named to the MVC All-Tournament team. She was also named MVC Scholar-Athlete honorable mention. As a junior, Williams registered a team-high of five assists and was named an All-MVC second team selection. She also helped lead the defense to a 1.11 goals against average and eight shutouts.
During the span of her collegiate career, Williams started all 69 matches that she appeared in and was a three-time MVC Defensive Player of the Week honoree. A defensive leader, Williams was a major part of the Bears' defense that allowed just two home goals in nine matches during her final season.
Williams was selected during the fourth round (27th overall) of the 2013 NWSL College Draft, going to FC Kansas City. She made her debut for the Blues during a match against the Boston Breakers on May 18, 2013 in which the squad won 2–0, continuing their undefeated streak at home.
- "Nia Williams". FC Kansas City. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "Nia Williams Player Profile". Missouri State University. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "Toto, follow the yellow brick road: FC Kansas City season preview". SB Nation. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "Missouri State Women's Soccer Nia Williams Named to NSCAA Great Lakes Team". Soccer in the Ozarks. Archived from the original on November 11, 2013. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "FC Kansas City drafts MSUs Nia Williams". Archived from the original on November 18, 2015.
- "NWSL Draft Selections". ESPN. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- "Recapping NWSL Draft Day for FC Kansas City". NWSL News. Retrieved April 23, 2013.
- "Kansas City Shut Out Boston 2–0". National Women's Soccer League. Retrieved May 19, 2013.
- "Soccer's in her blood". The Leaven. Archived from the original on June 16, 2013. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "FC Kansas City builds on balance throughout field". Equalizer Soccer. Retrieved May 8, 2013.