Sudfeld celebrating a touchdown in 2016 NFL Preseason.
|No. 44, 82|
|Born:||April 17, 1989|
Santa Cruz, California
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||Modesto Christian School|
|Career NFL statistics|
Zachary Jonathan Pagett Sudfeld (born April 17, 1989) is a former American football tight end. He was signed by the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He played college football at Nevada.
Sudfeld attended Modesto Christian High School in Modesto, California. Sudfeld was named to the first-team all-state as a tight end. He also earned the first-team all-district and all-league honors in high school. His younger brother, Nate, is a quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles.
New England Patriots
On May 3, 2013, Sudfeld signed with the New England Patriots. Sudfeld's size and catching ability led at least one Patriots reporter to call Sudfeld a "baby Gronk," referring to New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski. During the Patriots' second preseason game, against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Sudfeld scored on a two-point conversion from Tom Brady and on a 22-yard touchdown from Ryan Mallett. On October 3, 2013, Sudfeld was released from the Patriots, after lackluster performances, where Sudfeld made no receptions.
New York Jets
Sudfeld was claimed off waivers by the New York Jets on October 4, 2013. He caught 5 passes for 63 yards on the season. Sudfeld suffered a anterior cruciate ligament injury in minicamp and was waived on June 15, 2015. He cleared waivers a day later and was placed on the injured reserve list. On September 3, 2016, Sudfeld was released by the Jets as part of final roster cuts.
Sudfeld has a twin brother named Matt, who is director of strategic development of a humanitarian organization that was started by his grandparents. He also has a brother named Nate, who is a quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- "Profile". rostermon.com.
- "Nevada Profile". nevadawolfpack.com.
- Wesseling, Chris (October 3, 2013). "Zach Sudfeld waived by Patriots; Vince Wilfork to IR". National Football League. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- McManus, Jane (October 4, 2013). "Jets claim TE Zach Sudfeld". ESPN New York. Archived from the original on October 5, 2013. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- Lange, Randy (June 15, 2015). "Jets Make Roster Swap of Tight Ends". New York Jets. Archived from the original on June 15, 2015. Retrieved June 15, 2015.
- Associated Press (June 16, 2015). "Sudfeld clears waivers, placed on injured reserve by Jets". USA Today. Archived from the original on July 29, 2015. Retrieved July 29, 2015.
- Lange, Randy (September 3, 2016). "Jets Release 18 Players Ahead of Deadline". NewYorkJets.com.
- "Persevering Sudfeld Proving To Be An Inspirational Character For The Jets". newyork.cbslocal.com. Retrieved December 15, 2013.