Baard Madsen Haugland
Haugland was mayor (ordførar) of Stord from 1864. In 1870, he entered the Norwegian Parliament as a representative of Søndre Bergenhus amt (now Hordaland). He was Minister of Finance 1884-1888 and member of the Council of State Division in Stockholm 1888-1889 and 1895-1896 under Prime Minister Johan Sverdrup. 
Haugland was made a member of the Order of St. Olav in 1886 and received the Commander's Cross 1st class in 1895. He was also made a commander of the Order of the Polar Star. He died in Stockholm during the spring of 1896 and was buried at Vår Frelsers gravlund in Oslo. 
- Leiv Mjeldheim. "Baard M Haugland". Norsk biografisk leksikon. Retrieved June 20, 2016.
- Mardal, Magnus A. "Baard Madsen Haugland" (in Norwegian). Store Norske Leksikon. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "Haugland. Stord herad. Hordaland". Matrikkelutkastet av 1950. Retrieved June 20, 2016.
- "Register of Persons "Norway's Governments since 1814"". Government.no. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "Johan Sverdrup's Government". regjeringen.no. Retrieved June 20, 2016.
- "Baard Haugland". lokalhistoriewiki.no. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
|This article about a Norwegian politician born in the 1830s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|