Monsignor Michael G. Olden is an Irish priest, historian and educator. A native of the Diocese of Waterford and Lismore he was appointed to the staff of St. Patrick's College, Maynooth in October 1966 lecturing in history. He served as Vice-President from 1976–77 and then when Tomas O'Fiach was made Archbishop of Armagh, Michael Olden assumed the duties of president until 1985. In that time he served as Pro-Vice-Chancellor of the National University of Ireland.
During his tenure as president of Maynooth he oversaw the fundraising and planning for the building of the new library.
As a historian, Dr. Olden contributed to many academic publications such as Archivium Hibernium.
Monsignor Olden returned to the Diocese of Waterford and Lismore to become Parish Priest of Tramore. He also served as Vicar General under Bishop William Lee. He was often in demand as a homilist at important diocesan liturgies. Mgr Olden delivered the homily at the Ordination Mass of Father Alphonsus Cullinan as Bishop of Waterford & Lismore.
In 2008 he contributed a chapter ‘Tobias Kirby (1804‐1895): the man who kept the papers’ to The Irish College Rome and its World edited by D. Keogh & A. McDonnell.
He retired from full-time ministry in 2009.
In 2013 he delivered a lecture to the Waterford Archaeological and Historical Society entitled Prominent Churchmen From Waterford and Lismore in the 19th century.
- The Parish of Tramore and Carbally by Michael Olden and Andy Taylor.
- Episcipal comments on the "Decreta pro recta regimine ecclesiarum hiberniae", 1635-6, by Michael Olden, Archivium Hibernicum 27 (1964) 1-12.
- The Faith Journey of the Déise People (Waterford, 2018).
- "Maynooth Kalendarium" (PDF).
- "NUI Records" (PDF).
- "Bishops sorry for failure to investigate complaints of abuse". www.alliancesupport.org. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- Episcopal Ordination of Father Alphonsus Cullinan as Bishop of Waterford & Lismore www.catholicbishops.ie, April 12, 2015.
- "The Irish College, Rome & its World « Pontificio Collegio Irlandese". www.irishcollege.org. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- "Clerical Whispers: Diocese of Waterford and Lismore - Clerical Changes 2009". clericalwhispers.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- Canon Patrick Power A Talk by Msg. Michael G. Olden presented at Canon Patrick Power Seminar, WIT, 8 March 2012
- Prominent Churchmen From Waterford and Lismore in the 19th century by Mgr. Michael Olden, Waterford Archaeological and Historical Society, March 2013.