David Conner (bishop)
|The Right Reverend|
|Dean of Windsor|
|Church||St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle|
Bishop to the Forces (2001–2009)|
Bishop of Lynn (1994–1998)
|Consecration||2 February 1994|
6 April 1947|
Erith, Kent, United Kingdom
Erith Grammar School|
Exeter College, Oxford
As Dean of Windsor, Conner also holds the post of Registrar of the Order of the Garter and is a domestic chaplain to Elizabeth II. Prior to his appointment to Windsor, he held a number of posts: from 1987, he was Vicar of Great St Mary's, Cambridge (the University church), until he was consecrated as Bishop of Lynn (a suffragan bishop in the Diocese of Norwich) by George Carey, Archbishop of Canterbury, on 2 February 1994 at St Paul's Cathedral.
Conner was educated at Exeter College, Oxford and St Stephen's House, Oxford. He was ordained as deacon on 29 June 1971 by Christopher Pepys, Bishop of Buckingham at St Martin's, Fenny Stratford (and presumably as priest about a year later). Having also spent a year at the Oxford Department of Education, soon after ordination he moved into chaplaincy at St Edward's School, Oxford (from 1971 to 1980) and later at Winchester. For a while, he was an examining chaplain to the Bishop of Winchester.
For many years Conner has been closely involved with the selection of candidates for ordination and with the inspection of theological colleges, courses and schemes. He has been governor of a number of schools and colleges. He is an honorary fellow of Girton College, Cambridge.
- Who's Who 2012 – Conner, David John
- Archbishop of Canterbury statement Archived 2009-12-29 at the Wayback Machine.
- Debrett's People of Today London, 2008, Debrett's, ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- "Briefly (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#6834). 4 February 1994. p. 2. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 21 February 2016. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Ordinations at St. Peter's-tide (Archived; subscription only)". Church Times (#5655). 2 July 1971. p. 15. ISSN 0009-658X. Retrieved 21 February 2016. (Subscription required (. ))
- Crockford's Clerical Directory2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- "No. 59282". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2009. p. 3.
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|