1978 NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournament
|1978 NCAA Division I Men's
Ice Hockey Tournament
|Finals Site||Providence Civic Center
Providence, Rhode Island
|Champions||Boston University (3rd title, 5th title game,
13th Frozen Four)
|Runner-Up||Boston College (3rd title game,
11th Frozen Four)
|Semifinalists||Bowling Green (1st Frozen Four)
Wisconsin (5th Frozen Four)
|Winning Coach||Jack Parker (1st title)|
|MOP||Jack O'Callahan (Boston University)|
|NCAA Division I Men's Ice Hockey Tournaments
The NCAA NCAA Men's Division I Ice Hockey Tournament involved in playing single-elimination play to determine the national champion of NCAA Division 1. The tournament began on March 18, 1978. The semifinals were on March 22 and March 23, 1979. The National Championship Game was on March 24, 1978. A total of 4 games were played in Providence Civic Center in Providence, Rhode Island. Boston University won their third national championship defeating Boston College 5-3.
- Boston University
- University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Boston College
- Bowling Green University
- Providence College
- Colorado College
|3||Boston University||5||3||Boston University||5|
|3||Colorado College||3||2||Bowling Green||2|
Consolation Game Bowling Green 4, Wisconsin 3
- "NCAA Division 1 Tournament". College Hockey historical Archive. Archived from the original on 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- "NCAA Division 1 Awards". College Hockey historical Archive. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- "Jack Parker Year-by-Year Coaching Record". USCHO.com. Archived from the original on 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- "Attendance Records and Sites". NCAA.org. Archived from the original on 2013-07-01. Retrieved 2013-07-03.