||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
2AM at the Korea Food Expo. Left to right: Seulong, Changmin, Jo Kwon, Jinwoon.
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genres||Pop, R&B, soul|
United Asia Management
Big Hit Entertainment
|Associated acts||One Day
2AM (Korean: 투에이엠) is a South Korean four-member ballad boy band under JYP Entertainment. The members are Jo Kwon, Jinwoon, Seulong, and Changmin. 2AM is one of the two subgroups branched out from the eleven-member (before Jaebeom's departure) boy band One Day, the other being 2PM. They officially debuted on July 11, 2008 on KBS's Music Bank, performing their debut song "This Song". They won their first Mutizen at Inkigayo on February 7, 2010 with "Can't Let You Go Even If I Die".
Along with the members of 2PM, 2AM appeared on the documentary Hot Blood that was aired on Mnet, documented their rigorous training program on their pre-debut days. Changmin was the only member of One Day to not appear in the documentary because he was serving in the military at that time. Initially, Jinwoon was eliminated on Hot Blood, but he ended up in 2AM due to Daehun's withdrawal from JYPE. Jo Kwon trained for 2567 days, 12 days past 7 years after joining JYPE.
2008–2009: Debut 
2AM's first single, "This Song", was released on July 21, 2008. They made their debut performance on July 11, 2008, performing their debut song "이 노래 (This Song)".
2AM made a comeback with another single album, "Time For Confession", on March 19, 2009 with "친구의 고백 (Confession of a Friend)" being the title track.
2010: 1st Mini Album and Saint o'Clock 
2AM made a comeback with a second album, "죽어도 못 보내", on January 21, 2010 with "죽어도 못 보내 (Even If I Die I Can't Let You Go)" as the promoted track. In the week before the release, JYP Entertainment revealed a total of four teasers on their Youtube account. Along with a group teaser, the individual shots were based on the seasons. On February 7, 2010, 2AM won their first Mutizen award on Inkigayo since their debut. On February 25, 2010, their second win was on Mnet M! Countdown. They won a second Mutizen on their final day of promotions for "죽어도 못 보내 (Even If I Die I Can't Let You Go)" on March 7, 2010.
On March 5, 2010, 2AM revealed cuts of their new image through their official website. Jo Kwon, Changmin, Seulong, and Jinwoon respectively transformed to a club DJ, an ice hockey player, a biker, and a basketball player for their new 10 minute drama-music video. The repackaged mini album featured four additional songs, three from their first and second singles and one entirely new song titled "잘못했어 (I Was Wrong)", which was their promoted track. One representative stated, “The song we’re releasing is something that 2AM has never shown before and is a brand new type of music”. A portion of the song was revealed in the first episode of 2AM's new reality show 2AM Day on March 10, where the members playfully sing along to it in the car. Four teasers were released for each member from March 12 to March 14. A leaked version of Part 1 of the music video was released on March 15, having been recorded by camera at 2AM's subway showcase. The album was released on March 18, 2010 and "I Was Wrong" won the Mnet M! Countdown on April 1, 2010.
On October 26, 2010, 2AM released their first full-length album entitled Saint o'Clock, with "전활 받지 않는 너에게 (You Wouldn't Answer My Calls)" and "미친 듯이 (Like Crazy)" as the promoted tracks. The won a Mutizen award for "전활 받지 않는 너에게 (You Wouldn't Answer My Calls)" on Inkigayo on November 14.
End 2011-2012: Japan Debut, Comeback and first Chinese song release 
Following the Korean success of their 2010 album Saint o'Clock, 2AM released a Japan Special Edition of the Saint o'Clock on November 9, 2011.>
On January 2012, they released their debut Japanese single "Never Let You Go: Shindemo Hanasanai", a Japanese version of the band's Korean single, "Even if I Die, I Can't Let You Go (죽어도 못보내)." The single successfully entered both Oricon Daily Chart and Weekly Chart in the top 3.
2AM announced their comeback with their 2nd Korean Mini Album F.Scott Fitzgerald's Way Of Love and released the music video for the Title track of the album, "I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me" via their official YouTube Channel on March 12, 2012
2AM followed up with the release of their second Japanese single album "Denwa ni Denai Kimi ni (You Wouldn't Answer My Calls)" in Japan on April 11. The song immediately debuted on Oricon Daily charts at fourth place. This album includes the Japanese version of "You Wouldn’t Answer My Calls," which was released in October 2010 in Korea, "壊れそう (Like Crazy)," and the remake version of Japanese Singer Ken Hirai‘s "瞳をとじて (Close Your Eyes)."
In April 2012, 2PM and 2AM announced the release of a documentary film known as Beyond The One Day, in Japan. One Day refers to the group from which 2PM and 2AM both split. On April 13, they released the trailer for the film. This was followed up with the release of Japanese single for the theme song "One day" and MV for the song.
In September 2012, 2AM resumed their singing activities in Japan with their third Japanese single. After releasing the full PV for title track "For You: Kimi no Tame ni Dekiru Koto". This single was 2AM’s first original Japanese single. The title track "For You~君のためにできること~" has already been selected as the theme song for Japanese TBS drama NEO Soumatou Company which premiered on July 16.
On October 2012, at a press conference in Taiwan for their "The Way of Love" concert tour, 2AM shared their experiences in the recording of Chinese version of their song "I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me". Jokwon expressed his worries about his Chinese pronunciation and whether he could accurately convey the emotions of the song in a different language. However, with the assistance of the producer, 2AM was able to successfully finished recording "I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me (好痛)" in Chinese. for their 2nd Mini Album F. Scott Fitzgerald's Way Of Love (Asia Version).
In November 2012, 2AM released the PV teaser for the title track of their upcoming 4th Japanese single "Darenimo Watasenai Yo" on their Japan Official website. The title track is a ballad that expresses positive feelings about the thinking of a loved one on Christmas day. The single was scheduled for release in Japan on December 5, 2012.
2013: Comeback and activities 
2AM released their first full-length Japan Album titled Voice on Jan 9 2013. The album included tracks from their 1st to 4th Japanese singles and 4 new songs, namely "First Love", "Pretty Girl", "愛の歌がRadioから", "無邪気な笑顔で" and Japanese version of "I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me~君も僕のように."
On February 20, 2013, 2AM′s announced their Korean comeback through their official homepage will be March 5, 2013 after a year hiatus. The new album titled One Spring Day features a total of nine tracks and instrumental, is a collaboration with many talented artists that include pianist and composer Yiruma, Eptione Project and more. This will be 2AM second full-length album. For this album, 2AM is planning for a musical transformation. A sneak preview of the song's introduction showcases Lim Seulong′s voice being prominent and different.
2AM became the second idol group after Super Junior to host SNL Korea on Apr 13 2013. It is making a hot issue since idol group rarely show up in SNL, one of the hottest shows in Korea. SNL is a show originally made in the United States for more than thirty years and Korea has adopted the format of the show and making it with all the Korean comedians and stars.
2AM held their first concert entitled "Saint o'Clock" in Seoul at Korea University, Hwajeong Gym from December 24 to 26, 2010. 2AM serenaded the crowd with their hit songs such as "You Wouldn't Answer My Calls" and "Like Crazy".
2AM also performed a series of girl group medley such as Wonder Girls's "So Hot", 4minute's "Hot Issue" and miss A's "Bad Girl Good Girl". The crowd went crazy when 2AM danced to After School's "Bang!" as the boys are also dressed in aqua blue cheerleader outfits.
For their solo stages, Changmin wowed the crowd with Tom Jones's "Sex Bomb" and also ripped his shirt. Seulong danced to "Beautiful Monster" and also revealed his chiseled abs. Jinwoon performed Muse's "Hysteria" with his electric guitar and Jo Kwon danced to Lady Gaga's hit song "Telephone".
2AM ended the year 2011 with "2011 2AM Concert – Christmas". On October 28, the boys released still-cuts for the concert, dressed snugly in warm sweaters and Santa hats.
The Christmas concert were held on December 24 and 25, 2011, and marked their final Korean activities before they prepared to advance into Japan for their debut in January.
2012 is a busy year for 2AM. They held their first hall tour in Japan, titled "2AM 1st Japan Tour ‘Never Let You Go", which started on January 24, 2012. They performed at high grade venues including Aichi Geijitsu Gekijou, Tokyo Bunkamura Orchard Hall, and Osaka Umeda Geijitsu Gekijou. 2AM was the first K-Pop idol group to perform at Tokyo Bunkamura Orchard Hall.
In the same year, 2AM held their first Asia concert tour, titled "The Way of Love" which opened in Hong Kong on September 29, 2012 and continued to other stops which include Taiwan, Japan, Seoul and Malaysia, as the last stop.
For this concert, 2AM played with a full band and fans were able to hear a truly live sound rarely heard in K-pop concerts. With the theme of “Time to wake up your emotions“, 2AM was to showcase their beautiful music throughout Asia.
Many exciting stages have been planned for 2AM’s first Asia tour which had solo stages that showcased the special talents of each member. Furthermore, aside from performing ballads and love songs, 2AM sung and dance to upbeat dance tracks.
At each stops, 2AM also prepared special performance of local language song; for Hong Kong stop, they performed a Cantonese song, a Chinese song at Taiwan, a Malay song at the Malaysia stop. For the Korea concert, they transformed themselves into four-member girl group Sistar and performed glamorous "Alone".
2AM member's Seulong was admitted to the hospital on November 1, 2012 for a fractured toe after injuring himself while exercising, the day before their Japan concert. Despite his injury,he headed to Japan and sang onstage for 2AM′s Japan concert on a wheelchair. They performed songs from their Japanese singles releases.
Other contributions 
2AM endorsed up to $1 million for products commercials in early 2010, including Pepsi and BHC Chicken. It was also announced that 2AM would be the new faces of Samsung's Dugeunduguen Tomorrow campaign with Kara, succeeding 4Tomorrow in 2009.
2AM was chosen to represent Asia on Listen Up! The Official 2010 Fifa World Cup Album with the song titled "No. 1". The song was digitally released on May 18, 2010. In October 2010, the band represented Korea and performed at the 7th Asia Song Festival, organised by Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange, at the Seoul Olympic Stadium.
2AM was appointed as ambassadors of the ’2012 World Conservation Congress’. They sung a campaign song that delivered a message of the importance of environmental protection.
2AM was appointed the new tourism ambassadors for the Songpa-gu region in Seoul, South Korea.
2AM was also appointed as the official honorary ambassadors for the ‘DMZ International Documentary Film Festival‘ fourth opening on August 20, 2012
Seulong and Jinwoon will be Samsung Creative Note Ambassadors. They will be taking part in creative stages for SAMSUNG Galaxy Note Day on January 22, 2013 at Busan and Gwangju respectively.
|Stage name||Birth name||Date of birth||Position|
|Changmin||昶旻||Lee Changmin||이창민||May 1, 1986||Main Vocalist, Rapper|
|Seulong||瑟雍||Im Seulong||임슬옹||May 11, 1987||Vocalist, Rapper, Visual|
|Jo Kwon||趙權||Jo Kwon||조권||August 28, 1989||Leader, Lead Vocalist|
|Jinwoon||珍雲||Jeong Jinwoon||정진운||May 2, 1991||Vocalist, Main Rapper, Maknae|
Members activity outside of the group 
Seulong and Jo Kwon were part of "Dirty Eyed Girls" on an episode of 2PM's reality show Wild Bunny. The music video became extremely popular.
Jo Kwon was paired with Brown Eyed Girls' member Son Ga-In as an imaginary married couple on We Got Married Season II. Seulong and Jinwoon also make regular appearances as commentators on the show. Seulong debuted as an actor in drama series Personal Taste, which aired on March 31, 2010. In June 2010, Seulong collaborated with IU for the song "잔소리 (Nagging)", which topped several online music charts.
In 2011, Lee Changmin hosted a cooking show on Olive TV titled "Food Essay".
On August 7, 2011, the song that Jeong Jinwoon wrote and composed "You Walking Towards Me" released a music video of his first solo single, "You Walking Towards Me" was released by Big Hit Entertainment. This was followed by another two-single mini album, which includes the songs "Now or Never" and "Psycho", which he both wrote too.
In 2012, Jung Jinwoon was cast in Dream High Season 2 where he played rocker Jin Yoo Jin. The Drama aired on KBS2TV from 30 January 2012 to 20 March 2012.
In June 2012, Jo Kwon released his first solo album titled 'I'm Da One'. The album contain two different concepts 'Animal' and 'I'm Da One' The Performance for Animal really impressed many people including fellow artist for it's intensive dance and the shoes Jo Kwon wore during the performance.
Changmin made his debut as a musical actor and played one of the lead roles in the musical, "La Cage Aux Folles" which opened on July 4, 2012.
In 2012, Seulong had been cast in Movie "26 Years", where he plays the role of policeman Kwon Jung Hyuk. "26 Years" opens in theaters on November 29, 2012 KST. It’s reported that 15,000 people around the country participated in the film and production costs reached 26 billion Won (~$23,897,068).
Changmin and 2PM‘s Jun.K were double cast for the role as D’Artagnan in the musical, "Three Musketeers" which start from February 20 to April 21, 2013 at Chungmu Art Hall. This will be for his second musical.
Awards and nominations 
- 2AM Profile. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- (Korean)"2AM Info". STAR NEWS. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- 2AM Profile. JPYE. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- 2AM ‘이노래’, 질러차트 2주째 1위. Paran. September 25, 2008.
- 2AM’s Long Anticipated 2nd Single Released!. allkpop. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- 2AM, SBS '인기가요' 정상 재 탈환. EDaily.com. March 7th, 2010.
- "2AM, '유럽 거리의 반항아' 신곡 이미지 컷 공개 ". TVDaily.com. March 5, 2010.
- 2AM 직접 촬영한 미공개 영상 전격유출 “순도 100% 리얼리티” Newsen. March 5, 2010.
- 2AM ‘잘못했어’ 뮤직드라마 캠버전 불법 유출 ‘충격’. Nate. March 18, 2010.
- Wonder Girls World Tour 2010 (2nd leg)
- Made In Wonder Girls
- 2AM 조권 “10년을 기다렸다” 첫 정규앨범 발매. Newsen. October 26, 2010.
- / "2AM to release Japanese debut single in January + announces hall tour". tokyohivev. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "2AM announces their debut Japanese single and first tour in Japan". Asia Pacific Arts. 2011-10-17.
- "2AM Japanese Discography on Oricon" (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved January 11, 2013.
- (Korean)"2AM Korean DISCO". Retrieved January 12, 2013.
- (Japanese)"2AM Japanese DISCO". Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- 2Am products release info. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- 2PM & 2AM release trailer for documentary film ‘Beyond the Oneday’!.allkpop. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- 2AM訪台開唱 盼有機會離開酒店 . Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "2AM releases details and tracklist for anticipated return with ‘One Spring Day’". allkpop. 2013-02-21.
- "A Preview to 2AM′s Upcoming Promotional Single". enewsworld. 2013-02-11.
- "2AM hosts the hottest show SNL Korea". yahoo sg entertainment. 2013-04-13.
- (Korean)2AM 조권, 김희철-서인영 이어 ‘레이디가가’ 완벽재연. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- 2AM releases still-cuts for their 2011 Christmas concert. Retrieved 13 January 2013
- 2AM to hold Asia tour ‘The Way of Love’. Retrieved 13 January 2013
- 2AM Turns into Femme Fatals in Seoul Concert. Retrieved 13 January 2013
- 2AM′s Lim Seulong Performs in a Wheelchair for Japan. Retrieved 13 January 2013
- 2AM and Lee Seung Gi Taken Aback by IU’s Concert. Retrieved 13 January 2013
- (Korean)케이윌, 크리스마스 콘서트 감동과 환희 '종합 선물 세트'(리뷰). Retrieved 13 January 2013
- 예능돌로 다른 멤버들보다 먼저 인기를 얻은 조권의 움직임이 심상치 않다.. TV Daily. April 19, 2010.
- 2PM vs 2AM, 치열한 콜라전쟁?. SPORTS SEOUL. February 8, 2010.
- 2AM, 코믹CF 관심폭발 ‘깨방정 감성돌 떴다’. Newsen. April 20, 2010.
- 인기 아이돌 그룹 카라와 2AM이 트위터에 동참했다.. Chuno. April 20, 2010.
- (Korean)"2AM Saint o'clock: Discography". Big Hit Entertainment. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- 2AM ‘바보처럼’ 음악 차트 1위 등극, 이효리 10위 ↓. Newsen. May 4, 2010.
- 2AM, 월드컵 공식앨범 아시아 대표 'No.1'. Newsis. May 11, 2010.
- KOFICE 7th Asia Song Festival 23 October 2010. Retrieved 2011-10-12
- 2AM initiated as the ambassadors for ’2012 World Conservation Congress’. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- (Korean)송파구 관광 홍보대사에 '2AM' 위촉. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- (Korean)2AM '다큐돌' 된다..DMZ영화제 홍보대사 위촉. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- (Korean)Galaxy Note Day. Retrieved 08 January, 2013.
- Who is Son GaIn from dirty eyed girls?. Retrieved 12 January 2013
- "2AM 임슬옹, '개인의 취향'으로 연기자 데뷔". Paran. March 2, 2010.
- "아이유와 2AM 슬옹의 ‘잔소리’가 공개 직후 실시간 차트 1위를 차지하며 돌풍을 일으키고 있다.". Review Star. June 4, 2010.
- '패떴2' 일곱 번째 멤버…'깝권' 조권 확정 ETODAY. January 19, 2010.
- "조권-가인, 부부 아닌 남매되더니 뚝 떨어져 사진촬영". Newsen. October 20th, 2010.
- 2AM’s ‘chef-idol’ Changmin shows off his cooking skills + reveals his ideal woman. allkpop. Retrieved 12 January 2013
- I'm Da One. Retrieved 13 January 2013
- Changmin of 2AM will be quite busy for the time being in his latest venture: a musical.HanCinema. Retrieved 13 January 2013
- (Korean)26 years movie. "Daum". Retrieved 10 November 2012
- (Korean)김민종, 규현, Jun. K, 창민, 예은…뮤지컬 '삼총사' 캐스팅. Retrieved 06 January, 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 2AM|
- 2AM Official Website on Big Hit Entertainment(Korean)
- Japanese Official Website (Japanese)
- Official Twitter on Twitter
- 2AM YouTube Channel: Korea and Japan