|Genres||Pop, dance-pop, teen pop|
|Past members||Evan Farmer
Michael Cuccione (deceased)
2gether (usually stylized as 2ge+her, 2Ge+Her or 2GE+HER; pronounced "Together") was an American fictional boy band whose composition, songs, and formation story is a satirical approach to the boy bands of the 1990s, such as New Kids on the Block, 'N Sync and Backstreet Boys. They were part of a self-titled MTV TV movie and spin-off television series.
Each member was "drafted" into the band to fill a particular niche or market to a particular group.
- Jerry O'Keefe - "The Heartthrob" (Evan Farmer)
- Chad Linus - "The Shy One" (Noah Bastian)
- Jason 'Q.T.' McKnight - "The Cute One" (Michael Cuccione) 
- Doug Linus - "The Older Brother" (Kevin Farley)
- Mickey Parke - "The Bad Boy" (Alex Solowitz) 
Their manager is Bob Buss.
In the movie, the band had a breakout single, "U + Me = Us (Calculus)," which they followed up with "Say It (Don't Spray It)". A soundtrack was released in real life, which also included songs from other fictional bands, including Whoa and Unity. The actors who played the characters did the vocals for their performances. They opened several shows for Britney Spears' 2000 summer tour, always appearing in character. Their sophomore record, though its music was used throughout the TV series, was full-length and solely performed by 2ge+her. Like the soundtrack, the music was comedic but also satirical of pop song conventions. The single "The Hardest Part of Breaking Up (Is Getting Back Your Stuff)" was released before the album and charted at 87 on The Billboard Hot 100 and spent several days on MTV's Total Request Live. "Awesum Luvr" was also released, but failed to chart.
The band debuted in the movie of the same name on MTV; directed by music-video director Nigel Dick, it was actually the first full-length movie produced exclusively for MTV, and was broadcast without interruption on February 21, 2000.
2gether: The Series
Following the success of the movie's broadcast, MTV used the same characters as part of a regular series, 2ge+her: The Series, which ended near the end of its second season due to the death of Michael Cuccione. The last episode produced for the series, "Fat," was never shown in the U.S., though it was in Canada and Britain.
In early November 2011, the surviving members of 2gether announced they hoped to reunite for a concert in Los Angeles. In early 2012, MTV gave the group the go-ahead to begin production on the reunion mockumentary/movie, but will only decide whether or not to air it at a later date. A large portion of the proceeds will go to the Michael Cuccione Foundation. On January 23, 2012, MTV signed off creative control on the 2gether reunion project.
- Related Artists on MTV
- 2Ge+her Bio on MTV
- Gunn, Brian and Mark (2001). Anthology of Awesomeness: The Official 2Gether Scrapbook. MTV/Pocket Books. ISBN 0-7434-2693-2., p. 14, 31, 76, 48, 63, 5.
- Billboard Hot 100 Chart from Sept 16, 2000, the last week the single was on the 100.
- http://imdb.com/title/tt0221789/trivia 2Ge+her: the Movie Trivia on imdb.com
- Amazon.com - 2Gether
- Brian Gunn and Mark Gunn, Anthology of Awesomeness: The Official 2Gether Scrapbook, ISBN 0-7434-2693-2