From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The promotional poster for the English-subtitled video.
|Directed by||Yorgos Javellas|
|Produced by||Demetrios Paris|
|Written by||Yorgos Javellas (adaptation)|
|Music by||Arghyris Kounadis|
|Distributed by||Kino Video (Region 1 DVD)|
The film follows the story of the play closely, but ends differently–instead of Creon retiring back to the palace as in the play, the film ends with Creon retiring his kingship and exiling himself out of Thebes.
- Irene Papas - Antigone
- Manos Katrakis - Creon
- Maro Kontou - Ismene
- Nikos Kazis - Haemon
- Ilia Livykou - Eurydice
- Giannis Argyris - A Sentry
- Byron Pallis - A Messenger
- Tzavalas Karousos - Tieresias
- Thodoros Moridis - First Elder of Thebes
- Giorgos Vlahopoulos - Elder of Thebes
- Yorgos Karetas - Elder of Thebes
- Thanasis Kefalopoulos - Elder of Thebes
- "IMDB.com: Awards for Antigone". imdb.com. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
|This article related to a Greek film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1960s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|