From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Balthasar)
|Look up Balthazar in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Balthazar (also spelled Balthasar or Baltazar) may refer to:
Traditional and religious uses
- A name commonly attributed to one of the Biblical Magi (Three Wise Men), members of the Zoroastrian religion.
- An alternate form of the Babylonian king Belshazzar, mentioned in the Book of Daniel
- An alternate form of Belteshazzar, the name given to Daniel by the Chaldeans in the Book of Daniel
- Balthazar, a 12-litre champagne or wine bottle
Film, television and literature
- Balthazar (novel), 1958 novel by Lawrence Durrell
- Balthasar, 1889 book by Anatole France
- Professor Balthazar, Croatian cartoon series for children about an old inventor
- Au hasard Balthazar, a 1966 film by Robert Bresson
- Balthazar (band), a Belgian indie pop and rock group
- Baltazar (given name), including list of persons with the name
- Balthasar of Werle (c. 1375–1421), Lord of Werle-Güstrow
- Balthasar, Duke of Mecklenburg (1451–1507)
- Baltazar (footballer) (1926–1997), Brazilian footballer
- Francisco Balthazar (1788–1862) birth name of Francisco Balagtas, Filipino poet
- Balthasar Klossowski de Rola better known as Balthus.
- Joseph Balthasar, Comte Siméon (1781–1846), French politician
- Marco Balthazar, Brazilian footballer
- Wilhelm Balthasar (1914–1941), World War II German Luftwaffe ace
- Hans Urs von Balthasar (1905–1988), Swiss Roman Catholic theologian and priest
- Troy Von Balthazar, an American singer and songwriter
- Balthasar, a minor character in Romeo and Juliet
- Portia's masculine alter-ego, as well as a minor character in Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice
- A singer and a follower of Don Pedro in Shakespeare's comedy Much Ado About Nothing
- A merchant in the Shakespeare's The Comedy of Errors
- A supporting character in Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ, and its various adaptations
- Comte Balthazar de Bleuchamp, a pseudonym of the villain Ernst Stavro Blofeld in the James Bond novel On Her Majesty's Secret Service and the film of the same name
- A demon in the film Constantine played by Gavin Rossdale
- A supporting character in the film The Scorpion King played by actor Michael Clarke Duncan
- Balthazar Blake, a thousand-year-old sorcerer, protagonist of the 2010 film The Sorcerer's Apprentice, played by Nicolas Cage
- Balthazar, a demon in the episode "Bad Girls" of the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- A character in The Death Gate Cycle books by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
- The godfather of Gargamel in The Smurfs
- The god of war and fire in the online game Guild Wars
- A fictional monk from Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
- Balthazar More, a character in the Evernight series by Claudia Gray introduced in the novel Evernight
- Balthasar (Old Man Bal), Nikolai Balthasar, and Maria Balthasar, characters from the Square game, Xenogears
- Belthazor, alternate name of the character Cole Turner in the show Charmed, portrayed by Julian McMahon
- Bastian Balthazar Bux, the main character in the book The Neverending Story
- The primary antagonist in the Xbox game Azurik: Rise of Perathia
- Balthazar, The Hound of Count Kaliovzky in the book "The Red Necklace"
- Prince Balthazar, son of the Portuguese Viceroy, in Thomas Kyd's The Spanish Tragedy (1592)
- The name of a minotaur and a lair in Might and Magic VIII
- Balthazar Claes, the main character of Honore de Balzac's The Quest of the Absolute in the series La Comédie humaine
- Balthazar, an angel in the TV series Supernatural, played by Sebastian Roché
- Jacob Balthazar, the wood sculptor who gets murdered in the story Tintin and the Broken Ear, the sixth in the series titled The Adventures of Tintin
- Balthazar is a character mentioned in the song "E.T.I. (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence)" from the American rock band Blue Öyster Cult on their Agents of Fortune album
- Belthasar, one of the three Gurus who assist the main party in the RPG, Chrono Trigger
- Balthasar, one of three cooperating supercomputers in Neon Genesis Evangelion (anime)
- Balthazar (restaurant), a French brasserie in New York City
- Balthazar Science Center, Skövde, Sweden
- All pages beginning with "Balthazar"
- All pages beginning with "Balthasar"
- All pages with titles containing "Balthazar"
- All pages with titles containing "Balthasar"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Balthazar.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.