Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2010)|
|Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas|
|Baylor Scott & White Health|
|Location||3500 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Emergency department||Level I trauma center|
|Lists||Hospitals in Texas|
Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas (Baylor Dallas or BUMC) is a not-for-profit hospital in Dallas, Texas. In 1903, the hospital opened with 25 beds; today it is a patient care, teaching and research center for the Southwest. Baylor Dallas has 1025 licensed beds.
Statistics for Fiscal Year 2009:
- 32,623 admissions (including newborns)
- 4,214 babies born
- 67,431 emergency room visits
- 240,955 outpatient visits (excluding emergency department)
- 76.6 percent occupancy rate
- 6.24 days, average length of patient’s stay
- 1,025 licensed beds
- 1,225 physicians
- 185 medical residents and fellows
- 5,500 employees
- Jacobson, Gary (30 September 2013). "Baylor Health Care System, Scott & White complete their merger". The Dallas Morning News (Dallas: A. H. Belo). Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- "Fiscal Year 2009 Statistics". Baylorhealth.com. 2007-09-13. Retrieved 2011-09-02.