Brian Gibbons (ice hockey, born 1988)
Gibbons in November 2014.
February 26, 1988 |
Braintree, MA, USA
|Height||5 ft 8 in (173 cm)|
|Weight||161 lb (73 kg; 11 st 7 lb)|
|Columbus Blue Jackets
Prior to turning professional, Gibbons attended the Boston College where he played four seasons with the Boston College Eagles men's ice hockey team which competes in NCAA's Division I in the Hockey East conference.
In the 2013–14 season, Gibbons received his first recall by Pittsburgh and scored his first NHL goal in his debut game on his first shot on November 18, 2013, against Viktor Fasth of the Anaheim Ducks. He scored his first power play goal on February 3, 2014, off a deflection from Olli Maatta against Craig Anderson of the Ottawa Senators.
On July 4, 2014, Gibbons left the Penguins organization as a free agent and signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Awards and honours
|All-Hockey East First Team||2009–10|||
|All-Hockey East Second Team||2010–11|
|Hockey East All-Tournament Team||2011|||
- "Penguins Sign Forward Brian Gibbons - Pittsburgh Penguins - News". Pittsburgh Penguins. April 4, 2011.
- "Anaheim Ducks at Pittsburgh Penguins". National Hockey League. 2013-11-18. Retrieved 2013-11-18.
- "Penguins beat Senators, 2-1, in overtime". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. 2014-02-03. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Blue Jackets sign center Brian Gibbons to one-year deal". Columbus Blue Jackets. 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2014-07-04.
- "NCAA (Hockey East) First All-Star Teams". eliteprospects.com. 2012-05-15. Retrieved 2012-05-15.
- "2013-14 Hockey East Media Guide". Hockey East. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brian Gibbons (ice hockey, born 1988).|
- Brian Gibbons's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Brian Gibbons's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|