||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Genres||sci-fi fantasy new-age|
Caiseal (pronounced Cash'l) is Gaelic for "great stone fort". Caiseal Mór is a bestselling fantasy novelist. He is an Australian of Irish descent. Irish folklore is an inspiration for his works. Mor also composes and records music, with twelve albums so far and another one on the way over the next year. He is well known for his lavish book and album covers, usually designed by himself. As a child he was diagnosed on the autism spectrum, which was kept a secret from the wider public until disclosed in his autobiography A Blessing and a Curse; Autism and Me (2007).
Recurring themes in Mor's novels include religion, theology, gods and deities, magic, kingship and ancient times. His books are set in Ireland, Scotland and a personal interpretation of the Celtic Otherworld which he refers to as the Far Country.
Caiseal shares his life with his partner, the portrait artist Helen Wells. Wells produced the cover of Caiseal's autobiography, A Blessing and a Curse,, non fiction book What is Magic?and is a featured artist on Caiseal's album The Well of Yearning (2006). Helen Has also produced the cover for Caiseal's three latest albums What is Magic? - Music for Creative Trance and Lucid Dreaming (2009) Flow - Music for Dreaming, Magic and Meditation (2010), Alchemy for The Heart (2011) and Dreaming Tree (2012). His latest CD 'Dreaming Tree - The Green Album' was released in Feb 2013.
His latest book is the non fiction , published in September 2009.
Caiseal makes tribal style drums from recycled materials, and holds workshops on trance drumming using these musical art objects.  Caiseal now tours the world offering musical dreaming events with his band (formed 2012) 'Dreaming Tree'. They present full night experiences and also hold 3 day retreats. Band members are: Caiseal Mór, Laya Rocha and Dorianne McLeod. (all are Australian) 
Caiseal is currently (July 2013) touring Sweden.
There are two projects Caiseal Mór is working on: His newest self-published CD 'Prana'
and expanded re-releasing of the first tilogy (the Wanderers Trilogy) as ebook and limited edition signed and numbered hard copies.
Both projects are self-published and can be found on indiegogo.com
The Watcher's trilogy
Other fantasy fiction
- The Tilecutters Penny (1998)
- The Harp at Midnight (1999)
- Carolan's Concerto (2001)
- Lady of the Lamp (2008)
- Scratches in the Margin (1996)
- The Moon on the Lake (1995)
- What is Magic? (2009)
- What is Magic? the Ebook (2011)
- A Blessing and a Curse; Autism and Me (2007) published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers, published May 2007
Music and spoken word CDs
- [The Well of Yearning] (companion to Well-Spring Trilogy - books )
- Beautiful Hands (Celtic Harp)
- Divine Passion - Rain Water (Creative Trance)
- Loom of Music (Celtic Harp)
- Divine Passion - Air (Creative Trance)
- What is Magic? (Creative Trance) (2009)
- Flow (Creative Trance) (2010)
- Alchemy for the Heart (Creative Trance) (2011)
- Dreaming Tree - Red (Creative Trance) (2012)
- Dreaming Tree - The Green Album (Dreaming Music and Creative Trance) (2013)
- An interview with Caiseal Mor , by the autistic author Donna Williams.
- An audio interview with Caiseal Mor, by the autistic author Donna Williams.
- Caiseal's official web-site
- Caiseal's profile at Smashwords
- Caiseal Mor at Science Fiction and Fantasy News.
- Caiseal Mor at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Caiseal's YouTube Channel
- website featuring Caiseal's music