Canadian rock/alternative chart
The Canadian rock/alternative chart was first published on June 11, 1995 by RPM magazine under the name Alternative 30. The song which held the number-one spot on this first chart was "More Human than Human" by White Zombie. Currently, the only charts that record rock/alternative airplay in Canada are published by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems and by America's Music Charts, which is powered by Mediabase.
Before the magazine's extinction on November 13, 2000, the chart underwent multiple name changes. The chart took a break from December 14, 1998 to April 11, 1999, and returned on April 12 under the name Rock Report. "Free Girl Now" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers debuted at the top of this newly named chart. On October 25, 1999, the name made a slight change to become the Top 30 Rock Report. The chart kept this name until it was published for the last time on November 6, 2000. The charts published by RPM are archived by Library and Archives Canada.
America's Music Charts charts
The charts published on the official website of America's Music Charts are updated every Tuesday, usually between 12:00AM and 1:00AM EST. They are split into two categories: Canada: Active Rock and Canada: Alternative Rock. These charts do not note how long the songs have been on the chart, but do show the specific number of times the track has been spun during the time of recording airplay for that week. The site has been up since December 2006, but it is not known how long these two specific charts have been published. In any case, they did not begin to get archived, and by a third-party at that, until the chart of July 7, 2009, and by another site on April 19, 2011.
- List of Canada: Active Rock number-one singles
- List of Canada: Alternative Rock number-one singles
- List of RPM Rock/Alternative number-one singles
- RPM (June 11, 1995). "Rock/Alternative - Volume 61, No. 19, June 11, 1995". Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- RPM. "Search Term(s): "Rock/Alternative" Results: (169-192 of 259)". Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- RPM (April 12, 1999). "Rock/Alternative - Volume 68, No. 25, April 12, 1999". Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- RPM (October 25, 1999). "Rock/Alternative - Volume 70, No. 1, October 25, 1999". Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- RPM (November 6, 2000). "Rock/Alternative - Volume 71, No. 26, November 06 2000". Retrieved April 25, 2011.
- Whois Lookup | Domain Availability - Registration Information (retrieved June 10, 2011)
-  (retrieved May 23, 2012)
- Canadian Active Rock & Alt Rock Chart Archive: What This Is (retrieved April 27, 2011)
- RPM Rock/Alternative archive
- Canada: Active Rock on America's Music Charts
- Canada: Alternative Rock on America's Music Charts
- Current charts archive